Beiträge von Duncan

I had to re-install my Hyperion NG on my Raspberry Pi which is dedicated to running the LEDs - SD card had died

The service hyperion@pi.service does not start upon new install with version 2.0.15

Hence no access to web page upon first install

I have to ssh in and start and enable the service .... after that all is good

sudo systemctl start hyperion@pi.service

sudo systemctl enable hyperion@pi.service

sudo systemctl status hyperion@pi.service

I used the Raspberry Pi imager to install Hyperion to the SD card and enable ssh

This was a working setup with the pi2b loaded with Libreelec connected to the LEDs with the old Hyperion code running. The Pi only controlled the LEDs with the video feed coming over PROTO-PORT from an x86 HTPC running Libreelec with the Hyperion Kodi addon script. Kodi 19 updated to python 3 which blew up the addon on the HTPC, Python 2 based (I could probably have re-written it to Python 3 but there were other limitations of the setup).

So I decided time to go to USB grabber on the feed from the HTPC feeding the Pi 2b. HDMI splitter -> HDMI2AV box -> USB grabber.

RPi 2b connected to 186 LPD8806 LEDs. 15A power brick feeding the Pi2b and the LEDs, both using same power and ground.

The LEDs were originally directly connected to the Pi with the Pi behind the TV. There isn't sufficient room to for all the hardware behind the TV so I extended the leads to the LEDs ..... originally using the same gauge wire as the LEDs but when I couldn't get things working properly I replaced the extending wires to a larger gauge thinking voltage drop.

Yellow wire on LPD8806 strip to pin 19 on the GPIO and white wire to pin 23 (I had to look these up again as when I moved the Pi to connect up the grabber etc. I accidentally pulled the leads off the GPIO).

dtparam=spi=on in config.txt

Originally I installed Hyperion NG on top of Libreelec on the Pi2b:

Code
    wget -qO- https://git.io/JU4Zx | bash

I could control the LEDs via the Android app as well as connect via the browser on port 8090 and do the setup.

I could not get the grabber working and at this point assumed it was because I had old Hyperion code/config hanging around which was screwing things up. So I installed Hyperbian, a little basic setup in raspi-config such as timezone etc. and started the Hyperion setup again via a browser. At which point I worked out I had power issues with the grabber drawing too much power from the USB port on the Pi2b. I moved all of the USB powered items to a USB hub and then I could see and configure the grabber vs it connecting/disconnecting all the time.

Dashboard showed green lights everywhere, debug logs showed nothing untoward, hyperion running fine (systemctl told me so), lsmod and lsusb look good too. BUT the LEDs would not work. Android app connected and I could set a colour or effect and it would show as running in the web browser but the LEDs did nothing.

So I went back to Libreelec, set spi on in config.txt, added hyperion on top with the previous wget command, imported the config. Since I had a running Libreelec instance prior and, what the hell, worth a go.

And same result ..... web browser shows all good things but no LEDs turning on.

I have not included all the code etc. etc. here as the post would go on forever but can pull whatever you need to see or check.

Cheers for any and all help as I am stuck and can't find what is wrong.

The HTPC had no GPIO in its first instance of life. And so I went for a Pi 1 to drive the LEDs.

The HTPC has had 2 new mobos (upgrades) since and may have a GPIO, I haven't actually checked, but I have the Pi all wired up to the LEDs and all has been fine until now with this crashing issue.

I first noticed the crashing with it playing Netflix at 1080p ..... not sure if different resolutions would have a different result but looking at the code where it crashes I wouldn't have thought so but will give it a shot.

That is how I installec Hyperion on the Raspberry Pi which drives the LEDs.

It is the hyperion addon running on the HTPC which is crashing and I don't need the full hyperion install on that, only needs the addon.

Hyperion crashes on my HTPC when stopping a movie/tv show or if it comes to an end.

I have an HTPC running Kodi and a Raspberry Pi 3 hooked up to the LEDs around the TV.

I run the hyperion ambilight addon on the HTPC. Pi 3 runs Libreelec and then the LED setup made with Hypercon.

The setup has worked great for years although I recently did some updates which may have cause the issue I now have although I can't work out what could be causing it.

Changes were:

replace the original Pi 1 driving the LEDs with a Pi 3. The Pi 1 crashed .... was using a USB stick to speed up the OS and that died so decided to upgrade to the Pi 3 as it was sitting around doing nothing.

the HTPC Kodi install became corrupted and so I had to do a reset of Libreelec and re-setup as well as an SSD replacing the original HD (Kodi was getting slow to boot).

If I stop a movie/tv show etc or it comes to an end then Hyperion crashes on the HTPC with an on screen popup. There is no communication to drive the LEDs from the HTPC to the Pi after the crash. I can reboot the HTPC and everything is good again until I stop the show or it comes to an end.

When hyperion crashes on the HTPC I can still use the Android phone app to communicate with the Pi and set LED colour etc. etc..

Here is the kodi.log entry after Hyperion crashes with its traceback from the HTPC:

2021-03-29 17:53:53.343 T:140156795352832 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>

Error Contents: Hyperion server error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.hyperion/addon.py", line 49, in <module>

next_state = state.execute()

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.hyperion/resources/lib/state.py", line 92, in execute

self.clear_priority()

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.hyperion/resources/lib/state.py", line 82, in clear_priority

self._hyperion.clear(self._settings.priority)

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.hyperion/resources/lib/hyperion/Hyperion.py", line 111, in clear

self.__sendMessage(request)

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.hyperion/resources/lib/hyperion/Hyperion.py", line 144, in __sendMessage

raise RuntimeError("Hyperion server error: " + reply.error)

RuntimeError: Hyperion server error:

-->End of Python script error report<--

2021-03-29 17:53:53.414 T:140156795352832 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(2, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.hyperion/addon.py): the python script "/storage/.kodi/a

If you want/need any other config or setup info I will quite happily pull it together.

Thanks for any and all pointers, cheers, Duncan

I have a Raspberry Pi 2 with 186 lpd8806 LEDs attached.

All was running well and then the SD card died after years of use, to be expected sometimes.

I rebuilt the system with a new SD card running Hyperion on top of Libreelec.

The last 2 LEDs stay full on (white) at all times even if I "tell" them all off or all red or green etc. and even when there is no signal.

Any ideas? The setup was fine in the past running on Openelec and running on Libreelec when I first switched.

Any info I should provide? Is there a way to individually address specific LEDs?

json attached is that helps.

Cheers

I've done this before with no problems but that was back in 2016!

Running Fedora 27 with $ java -version
    openjdk version "1.8.0_171"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_171-b10)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.171-b10, mixed mode)

When I try running I get:

java -jar ./HyperCon.jar
    UpdateCheck: There is a no new version available
    Exception in thread "main" java.awt.HeadlessException
    at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:204)
    at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:536)
    at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:420)
    at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:385)
    at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(JFrame.java:189)
    at org.hyperion.hypercon.Main.main(Main.java:54)

Only doing this cos my Pi with the LEDs is running on Openelec 6 and I want to move it to LibreElec to match the rest of my installations ... along with the fact that the Pi suddenly started locking up - seemed to coincide with an Openelec update when I rebooted the Pi. Pi is standalone driving the LEDs with an HTPC providing the signals via the Kodi addon.

I have an HTPC (PC basically) with Openelec using the Hyperion add-on pointing at a Raspberry Pi 1 loaded with Openelec and the Hyperion software connected to the LEDs.

I had to rebuild the HTPC cos Openelec got corrupted.

Sometimes I get an error on the screen for the HTPC saying wrong proto port and then 30 secs later (default reconnect timeout) all is good and the LEDs work wonderfully.

Where do i start looking as obviously the proto port is set correctly?

It didn't do this before I had to rebuild the HTPC.

Cheers.