Beiträge von Blu3ye

Hi there!

I tried both versions of Hyperion Screen Capture (DX 9 and new DX 11, Win10 Pro) but they both "crash" the Hyperion service on my Raspberry Pi B+ with Raspbian Lite.

I can see that Hyperion restarts several times because of the boot animation and also in the logs and then stops.

Code
    ssh in:     Jan 04 22:11:23 raspi-pc systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
    ssh in:     Jan 04 22:11:23 raspi-pc systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Unit entered failed state.
    ssh in:     Jan 04 22:11:23 raspi-pc systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
    ssh in:     Jan 04 22:11:23 raspi-pc systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
    ssh in:     Jan 04 22:11:23 raspi-pc systemd[1]: Stopped Hyperion Systemd service.
    ssh in:     Jan 04 22:11:23 raspi-pc systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
    ssh in:     Jan 04 22:11:23 raspi-pc systemd[1]: Failed to start Hyperion Systemd service.
    ssh in:     Jan 04 22:11:23 raspi-pc systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Unit entered failed state.
    ssh in:     Jan 04 22:11:23 raspi-pc systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

Hi guys!
    It´s been a loooong time now... but really I didn´t manage it to carry on this problem until now.
    I´ve switched to a RasPi 3 with OSMC in the meanwhile, but still with this issue.

BUT after playing a few minutes again with the testpics and color calibration values I noticed something:

I am getting wrong colours when switching from black to e.g. f3f3f3 grey image (leds are low light red).
    But when switching from white image to f3f3f3 grey image led colour is good!

So I guess that is the source of my problem why calibration with images is ok but when watching live media colours are often way to strong or wrong.

Did ever someone notice that on his leds, too or has an idea from where this strange behaviour could come?

I got an second led stripe from the manufacturer that time for free because of my issues but I don´t think that will solve it?!

I wonder if this is another strip with the wrong resistors fitted ?

What does that mean? Can I figure it out by myself?

I´m wondering why there are so many tutorial with WS2801 if it is "known" there are more problems like this? Can´t imagine that Aki(?) from powerpi.de would choose this without thinking over it. He also uses WS2801 in his tutorials and has a good white default with just a little need of adjustment.

These stripe I got from Hello Fish do look like good quality. No welding issues or similar. Also the feedbacks on Aliexpress look good and for what I have found with a quick research APA102 are not that much more expensive?!

After calibrating I´m having an even more bad ambilight experience. It´s like normal colors are way to bright/less saturated and dark scenes are much too strong and often "dark red/orange" or "purple" when it should be nearly black! Not making fun right now... =(
    Spent much time with the calibration and with the calibration pictures everything looked great but with live program it´s not... any hints for me?

Will take some pics when the sun goes down to show it - or should I make a new thread for this?

So I am not the only one with that... hmm...
    I took the guide from powerpi.de and the suggested 5m LED strip from Hello Fish. I also contacted the manufacturer now to see what he will say.
    Have the feeling also, that theres a "lack of color bandwidth" but thats maybe because of changed other settings.

EDIT:
    Can this be because of the other components in my setup like HDMI2AV converter or so? Not really right?

Hi guys!

I just followed the color calibration guide yesterday and was wondering if it is "normal" that I need to adjust for example the whitelevel values that much?

My whitelevel goes R 255 G 83 B 35 to get a normal white.
    Also my LED stripe should be BGR as product info says but I need to set to RBG.

Is this quite normal or is there something wrong with my stripe??