Beiträge von OLAS

Very cool OLAS, I'll have to mess around with this!

In my limited trials with screenrecord there was usually about a second or so delay between the screen and the and the resulting video feed - have you been able to reduce that latency?

Even with 1920x1080 from the Shield to my X11 desktop, I was able to play Asphalt 8: Airborne on the X11 display. There was a tiny lag but almost unnoticeable - probably no more than 100ms. Resizing to to 320x180 only decreases the CPU usage on my server - I didn't notice any side-effects on the Shield. If I have time, I'll try emulate the setup on a CHIP.

Found a way to stream directly from ADB to framebuffer or x11 into Hyperion.

Code
    adb exec-out "while true; do screenrecord --bit-rate=1m --output-format=h264 --size 320x180 --time-limit 180 -; done" | mplayer -demuxer h264es -fs -

screenrecord has a max time of 180 seconds/3 minutes so we use a while loop here to maintain the stream
    I tested with vlc, ffplay and mplayer. They all worked but found mplayer had less latency. ffplay had initial latency but caught up to be as good as mplayer with the following;

Code
    adb exec-out "while true; do screenrecord --bit-rate=1m --output-format=h264 --size 320x180 --time-limit 180 -; done" | ffplay -framerate 60 -framedrop -bufsize 16M -probesize 16M -f -

Initially I hooked up my server to accept debugging over USB then set ADB to be allowed to be connected to over TCPIP. You'll need either ffmpeg or mplayer installed. May as well install both as performance may vary depending on the setup.

Code
    adb connect 192.168.0.1 # or whatever your Android IP is

Then run the adb exec-out command.

I don't use Netflix or Amazon so not sure if they work. My Shield isn't rooted either.

If you're doing this from SSH, you'll need to set your DISPLAY variable to execute the commands on the right display.