Beiträge von danielfmo

Hello all,

I'm a very long time Hyperion user :)
    Unfortunately my APA104 setup didn't survive a house move, so I have a brand new strip of SK6812 RGBW that I want to use.
    Thought I was using a Arduino Pro Micro flashed with adalight.ino connected to my Odroid N2.

Is there a sketch that supports RGBW? Or am I missing something.

Thank you in advance

Hi @redPanther,

It passed some time but finally I got some time to try it out. Though still need your help.

My goal is to be able to use Hyperion.NG with Kodi and Monnlight so I started from scratch using Hardkernel's Ubunto v2.4 image.
    I proceeded as following:

The results are that Hyperion.ng works flawlessly with moonlight never getting higher than 10% CPU usage, but (there is always one) kodi is no more hardware accelerated, it takes all CPU when playing files from HERE and the video lags a lot, also hyperion does not capture anything.

Here is my hyperion.ng config:

Aparently ge2d capture is not working:

Code
    [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] <INFO> VPU mode
    [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] <ERROR> cannot open devices
    [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] <WARNING> GE2D capture interface not available! try Amvideocap instead
    [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] <ERROR> Read of device failed: 11 - Resource temporarily unavailable

The above highlighted error message is only visible when running kodi, when running moonlight it is not present and hyperion works.

Any hints?

Thank you in advance

Hello everyone,

I'm an Hyperion user for ages so thank you all for the great work and community.
    I'm giving a go with hyperion.ng on my ODROID-C2, the goal is to make it work with an NodeMCU (ESP8266) and APA102 LEDs

I've followed the CompileHowTo and I get the following error:
    [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] <ERROR> Failed to retrieve video state from device: 22 - Invalid argument

I'm on Ubuntu 16.04 with kernel 3.14.
    Bellow the full hyperion log and config file.

[EDIT]
    also the syslog

Thank you

I don't know about your setup, but I've already use hyperion with WS2801 strip in a 50" TV and a fixed wall mount.
    To get the best results I had to add some spacers to the wall mount in order to have the back of the TV at around 6cm of the wall.
    I've also added a plastic rail that allows me to fix the LED strip with an angle of around 30 degrees.

I just confirm that the issue is the scaling, I've tried again to set it to 100% and it works.
    Note that in order to make it work I had to restart the machine, just doing a log out as recommended by windows is not enough.

Let me know if somehow I can help with a fix to this issue with the scaling and also to make it work with any application other than dx9 :)

Very odd, so one display with the correct property readout (index 0) out but not working :(
    Not sure why at this point but will dig around in the code a bit :)

Hi,
    Just remember one thing... I'm using a TV as a monitor, and despite windows telling me that the refresh rate is 60Hz in all games I get 59Hz instead...
    Just an hint...

That invalid call usually means it can't read the DirectX surface (failed to attach), if it's only one monitor at index 0 it should have worked.
    Could you post your config and hardware specs + used OS, only tested here on gtx900/1000 series and intel IGP (HD520) on Windows 8.1 / 10 so far but worked right away :)

Some other process might also be claiming exclusive access (game / directx interface) but that is pretty rare.

Hi,

So bellow is the config that I use plus the DxDiag file with my PC specs in attachement.
    Regarding the exclusive access... I use rainmeter in my desktop, but I've also tried with it disabled and all other background programs including Kaspersky and MSI afterburner, still no luck.