Beiträge von PrestonYoungsley

And a short drive away.
    Much appreciated!

Glad I could be of assistance. hopefully you aren't draining the inventory of the same store location as me :D

That is exactly where my mind went with this too... Would we be able to run a pi zero off the HDMI power... Well thanks for putting your hardware on the line! Please let us know if you run into any trouble!

Sorry for the late response, life has gotten busy and haven't had much free tinker time. The only issue I have experienced is randomly (maybe twice in the last month) the lights will stop working and require a full reboot of the PI. I attempted restarting hyperion through hypercon, but to no avail. haven't had a chance to look in the logs, but I'm almost certain the backpower browns or spikes (I have an old beer fridge on the same circuit that shunts the line when it starts the compressor) and the USB grabber loses connection and needs to be rebooted to re-recognize due to the power feedback issue.

Anyone else running a backpowered pi with this setup that can chime in?
    for anyone that still wants one, here is the cheapest I've found: https://www.fasttech.com/p/8589800

I picked a few of these up, they definitely clean up the wiring cabinet a bit as I no longer need to convert HDMI to CBVS back to USB. I can report the same 'power feedback' and heat issues present on my sticks, however, I am (read: taking a risk) taking advantage of the feedback and powering my Pi Zero W over it. I understand that I am forgoing the 'fused' circuit by backpowering through the OTG port to VBUS, but im okay with the risk of a $5 pi. my understanding is that there is 50mv on a +5v line on hdmi, and while that's not enough to ever power a Zero, I am assuming the power from my cheapo HDMI 1x2 splitter is carrying over, as when I unplug power to the splitter, the LEDs stay dimly lit on the splitter, but the Pi does not stay powered. I did not change any software settings for this, purely swapped out my HDMI to CBVS -> Fuchai USBTV Grabber circuit for a HDMI to USB USBtv007 chip. I have not noticed any issues running in this fashion for the past week, outside of an extremely warm HDMI to USB adapter. I will say the screenshots look noticeably clearer, and less distortion is present in the grabber image. the LEDs seem to be responding faster, but that may be purely a placebo on account that im staring at the lights now looking for issues.