Beiträge von raf96

i've connected both the 5V and GND from the beginning and the end of the strip to the power supply.
    is there an easy way to find out if the problem is a broken led? Or do i have to replace it with one of the led strip i didn't use?

even with the level shifter nothing change.
    is it possible that the first led off is broken and it stops the data and/or clock signal?
    what should I do?

EDIT: I don't know if it depends on the level shifter I use, but this is the one I take:
    and i've connected it to the rpi3 and the led with female jumper cable

hi,
    i'm having some problems with my ambilight setup.
    I'm running OpenELEC on my raspberry Pi 3 and i'm using ws2801 led strip.
    i've installed hyperion with HyperCon following the "No Solder Tutorial".
    When I start hyperion only the first 2 strips and half of the third works fine, other leds are randomly on.
    I've found similar problem in this thread: https://hyperion-project.org/t…/not-all-leds-light.1027/
    and looking with filezilla in my rp3 i've found out that I have no "/etc/hyperion" folder.
    PLEASE help me T-T
    thank you!!
    here's some pictures, my "hyperion.config.json" file and my HyperionLog:

Hi, thank you for the great tutorial !!
    first project i make and since i have no experience with electricity i'd like to know if i can use this type of connectors: , instead of the push pin one in the tutorial.
    can i use them even for multiple wires? (2 or 3 wires into 1 ?)
    if those are not the best ones, can i solder the wires with a soldering iron and heat shrink tube?

thanks!