Beiträge von Flint

Hey Flint, glad to hear they at least are turning white haha. There could be a couple reasons for that, I've noticed on my setup occasionally when starting the grabber the lights will light-up white (which is the screen data from the hyperion app), but get stuck there and don't respond when I leave the app. Only workaround I've found is to try restarting the service a few times and it eventually starts working - which is a little mysterious to me. However the current posted alpha has issues stopping/starting the service from the app, so the little toggle switch doesn't actually stop the grabber. On a phone there is a notification item for the grabber with an exit button that does work, but there is no notification menu in android TV! I do have that fixed already so maybe I'll just post that fixed apk when I get a moment to.

Hey! I did some more testing! You are right, the white color was caused by the screen data from the hyperion app!
    I reinstalled everything and was able to get it work for a while! :) It turns itself off when switchung TV hdmi inputs (all the leds turn green, when that happens). :D

what is the BRAVIA you are using?
    My panel is 55XD8577 and I also have issues- the grabber only working in menu and turns dark in Kodi, Moonlight, Youtube and so on.

feels like Sony have some specific way showing movie video layer )

I am using the KD 43X8305C

Got it also working in the menu and in youtubes menu.. when i start a yt video, there are some leds working but they are not matching the picture.
    Kodi app only turns a few random leds white.

Netflix and Amazon are not working at all, but i expected that.

Just got my LEDs on that Sony Bravia Android TV. :)

I installed the app, but couldnt find any icon on the homescreen. I finally found it in androids settings menu...

Unfortunately it doesnt work. The leds are staying dark :/
    Is there anything more to configure besides hyperionserver, port, etc.? Maybe something special in android settings?

Edit: just restartet the whole System and the grabber app... now all the LEDs are constantly white :D

Sort of... But the only way to know how fluid it plays is to actually run the lights with the screen. The 'test' basically creates a series of image files that are essentially the same pixel data being sent to hyperion (really small compressed images). That works alright if you are trying to see if it will actually grab the screen content, but doesn't tell you much about how smoothly the lights run and with how much latency - for that I can't really imagine a replacement for actually trying it out!

thanks for your response!

I see,
    Lets say, for now, all i want to know is if it grabs the screen content. What do i have to do..?
    I ve got the Raspberry running with libreelec, hyperion serivce on it and the screen grabber running on android TV.
    IPs and Ports are configured, just not sure how to look at those grabbed images..

hey there,

thank you for working on this app!!
    I would like to test it on my Sony bravia TV.
    Unfortunately there are no LEDs connected to it yet. Is there a way to check if the app works properly on it without a complete set up?