Beiträge von Kierewiet

I've come quite an end yesterday. I solderd the led strip and connected it to the Arduino and RPi (LibreElec). As soon as the Arduino program starts, the leds light up according to the program. So the hardware is finished (except that I still have to attach the leds to the TV :) )

But I have some troubles with configuration Hyperion. After installation through SSH, I created a config file with these settings:

When I upload this file to the RPi and stop and start Hyperion nothing happens.

I know ttyUSB0 is the correct output device because I first ran the following SSH code: "ls /dev/tty*" without the Arduino connected to my RPi and then I ran the code again after connection the Arduino. "ttyUSB0" is the device that was added to the list.

Has anyone an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Edit:
    I understand SourceForge is down so probably Hyperion is not correctly installed on my RPi. Through my lack of knowledge in I didn't understand this from the SSH traffic screen :) I'll try again as soons as SourceForge is up and running again.

Thanks for the fast reply. Now I can all ready start this evening :thumbup:
    I was planning to use more then 100 leds so I was going to solder it anyway.

Just out of curiosity, I have 2 more questions.

1) Where is this clock function on the led strip used for and why doesn't my led strip need one? (I now realize this are 2 question already :D)
    2) First I had the intention to follow a different guide which also uses the RPi+Arduino+Hyperion. How is it possible to have the same result without using the Arduino anymore?

Great tutorial! I have two questions.

1) I have a RPi2 with LibreElec instead of the RPi3 with OSMC. Do I have to change any settings in this tutorial?
    2) Before buying anything, I have a led strip available without a clock function (only data, 5V and ground connnections). Is it possible to use this LED strip in stead of the one you are using?