Beiträge von rugbert

I have 94 LEDS on the WS2801 strip around my TV, and I have it all connected to my RPIZero, including the power, and it works. After some initial configuration issues (the video grabber would turn off after the Hyperion booteffect was used, so I just had to turn that off) it totally works. It's great, I've now saved a lot of space in my TV console.

I've attached an image of of my set up, note: I forgot to add the USB EasyCap and the USB power into the image, but both of those are plugged into the appropriate USB ports.

Anyway - I had always read that a dedicated power source was needed (10A 50W power brick) so I was wondering if this configuration could potentially destroy my Pi or something else. If I really should use a dedicated power supply for the LEDs, would a 5V 3A rPi charger be enough? I am assuming it would (since it appears to power my Pi, LEDs, and EasyCap), and that I would need a specialize adapter for the LEDs like this:

A couple weeks ago I noticed that Hyperion couldnt connect to the LEDs any more ("cannot connect to host" error message) but I was too busy to investigate. Today I turned everything back on and it appeared that things are working again BUT it looks like the blue LEDs no longer work..

My setup is:

RP3 with the clock, digital in, and ground connected directly to the LED strip, and power (5v) + ground also connected to the LED strip by means of a 5V10A power supply. My wiring diagram looks like this:

http://awesomepi.com/wp-conten…erry_pi_howto_connect.png

I also have this this switch between the LEDs and the power supply:

Not sure where I need to start looking, but my first instinct is that the power supply maybe damaged the LED strip because when it first stopped working I was able to get it to work again temporarily by jiggling the power cord.

When I start Hyperion the LEDs will all light up in a rainbow of colors so I know they are working. But after that booteffect they just stop working. If I try to use the hypercon to set the LEDs to a single color I always get:

Code
    ssh: $ /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-remote.sh  -c 2e18ff
    ssh: hyperion-remote:
    ssh:     version   : V1.03.4 (brindosch-c750c41/dc6a602-1522918225
    ssh:     build time: Apr  5 2018 01:57:05
    ssh Error: Unable to connect to host

The logs don't show anything either:

I should also note a couple things.

1) I am not powering this LED strip with an external power brick, there are only 94 LEDs total and they are being powered directly from the PI.
    2) Before I had cut LED strip and fixed it to my TV sides, I plugged it directly into my pi and used Hypercon to set ALL the LEDs by specifying the set up as a single side of my TV has 128 LEDs and nothing else. So that way every single LED on the strip was addressable by Hypercon because it thought only a single side of the TV had LEDs and I was able to us the color wheel to set them all to yellow. o it's weird to me that they no longer work at all now.

Could this be because it's not getting enough power?

I have uploaded my config as well.

Just a few quick thoughts.

Option to toggle between edge matching LEDs and matching ALL LEDs to the average color on the screen.

Add Hyperion config to the Android app (push config from the app instead of hypercon)

Add a restart system button to hypercon

I'm configuring Hyperion (with the HyperCon app) and when I try to grab an image from the frame grabber I just get a black screen with some random seeming colors.

My hardware is the typical setup: HDMI splitter -> HDMI2AV mini (upscales to 1080p) -> EasyCap USBTV007 -> RPI3

In the attached screenshot I have both the video settings and the preview image I'm getting from the grabber.

Note - I have since changed the Height and Width to: 720width 480height and it still only produces a black screen

Also - here are the logs when I take a screenshot:

[INDENT]ssh: $ killall hyperiond 2>/dev/null ; /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-v4l2.sh --device /dev/video0 --video-standard NTSC --input 0 --width 720 --height 480 --crop-left 0 --crop-right 0 --crop-top 0 --crop-bottom 0 --size-decimator 1 --frame-decimator 2 --red-threshold 0.0 --green-threshold 0.0 --blue-threshold 0.0 --screenshot
    ssh: hyperion-v4l2:
    ssh: version : V1.03.3 (brindosch-2fbbcff/2f01dfa-1495880388
    ssh: build time: Jun 3 2017 02:06:37
    ssh: V4L2GRABBER INFO: width=720 height=480
    ssh: V4L2GRABBER INFO: pixel format=YUYV
    ssh: V4L2GRABBER INFO: signal threshold set to: {0,0,0}
    ssh: V4L2GRABBER INFO: started
    ssh: V4L2GRABBER INFO: stopped
    sftp getFile(./screenshot.png, image)[/INDENT]

OK!

A lot a guides and tutorials I am finding seem to be a couple years old, and don't address some common issues. So I have a bunch of super noob questions.

1) Is there a way to test the LEDs before splicing them into a frame? I have a RP3B and spool of WS2801 LEDs connected like so (diagram) and I would like to test them before I cut them.
    1B) What is the difference between SPI and PWM? I see the WS2801 under SPI (also do I determine the output device like /dev/spidev0.0 ?) I am assuming this is what to use.

2) On the SSH tab of the hyperion-con app, there is a color wheel with "set LED". I had hoped I could select a color on the wheel and click the "set LED" button to set all teh LEDs to that color but every time I click the button the logs will show: "unable to connect to host". But that is very strange as I was able to use the SSH settings at the top of the tab to connect to the RPI, once connected I can install/uninstall Hyperion as well as start/stop the service.

3) Does Hyperion have a setting to set the LEDs to the average color on the screen?

4) If using a USB framegrabber, does Hyperion only change the LEDs in response to that input or can it also use a video playing on the RPI itself? Or would that require separate configs.

Finally

5) the WS2812b LEDs.. do they 100% need additional hardware (ie the arduino)? This guide suggests that they can be connected directly to the RPI.