Beiträge von Lyr3x

EDIT: Its only partly working. I only see a video if it is HDR content. As soon as my ATV switches to SDR I have a black screen.

YUYV 4:2:2 is working fine, but SDR content is not. The grabber itself should work with YUYV 4:2:2 and RGB 4:4:4

Code
    v4l2-ctl --list-formats
    ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT
        Type: Video Capture

[0]: 'YUYV' (YUYV 4:2:2)

-------

Thank you very much. Ambilight working again! Awesome. Couldn't find that before. Hope it runs stable now.

Interesting is that some values for contrast, saturation, hue etc. are killing the video. Like a saturation of 145 results ins no video at all. <145 and >145 is working fine again.

I've tried the fairly new , which would reduce my setup from converter and grabber into one device (with better image quality). However, I cannot get it working with my Raspberry Pi(s). On a windows machine and a mac, it is working as intended. The Rpi does detect the capture card, and it shows up in hyperion as FHD capture card. But I cannot get an image out of it. I tried the capture card both on a Rpi3 and 4. Both running 2.0 Alpha9

v4l2-ctl show the correct resolutions and frame rates etc.:

dimes now shows some output:

Of course, i tried to set the device manually and reduce resolution to e.g. 1280x720 etc. No success. Maybe I overlook something?

Would appreciate any tips :saint:

Wenn du den Arduino dazwischen schaltest, nutzt du diesen um die LEDS zu steuern. Demnach kommt Data,Clock und GND an den Arduino und dieser über USB an den PI.

• #define DATA_PIN 6
    • #define CLOCK_PIN 13

Bei LEDS ohne Clock line wird der pin im sketch einfach auskommentiert
    Das steht allerdings auch alles hier: https://hyperion-project.org/t…-ws2801-ws2812b-apa102.8/
    Auf den Arduino packst du dann den FastLED sketch. Output in der Config ist dann /dev/ttyAMC0 o.Ä.

i think i fouind the problem. The grabber was set up as NTSC by default. I changed it to PAL and it stops flickering that much (not perfect). There is also an issue with my 4k@30Hz scaler which i used before i bought the hdfury linker... I'll buy the standard 3 chips hdmi cvbs converter to test

I switches recently from 50 Ws2801 to 209 APA102 leds and since then im fighting a little flickering issue. I am using the level shifter and everything i soldered fine. I found out what the real problem is: the logilink video grabber I'm using for years now.

I also switched to an Pi Zero W (from an Pi 1 B+) and also to hyperion-ng. When checken the live video function the video grabber signal is a washed out and also changing the colors often which results in a flickering ambilgiht. I tried to make a short video of the ui:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/oPojNQijum2tJSLV6

Check the top row beginning at LED 6 (started in the top lef corner) The orange part is switching between orange/green/red and an mix of those colors. This is very distraction when watching movies....

Not sure how to fix this as i tried changing frame decimation and also played with the smoothing factors. Hopy anybody has an idea :)

Did you solved the problem? Im fighting this issue with my apa102 aswell. There is no difference between using the 74AHCT125 or not. When using mixed colors like a sand color or orange/yellow the leds starting flicker, which is really annoying

My Setup:
    209 LEDS
    Power supply added to both ends
    GND connected to pi as well
    Everything is soldered fine

Hey there,

i'm using Hyperion for years now and im quit happy with it. Since a year or so i switched to a 4K@60Hz Setup which works fine, but i have an annoying problem. Before i describe further here is my setup:

• 209x APA102
    • 8Amps power adapter
    • HDFury Linker
    • Ligawo 3090060 HDMI Splitter 1x2
    • China Converter (integrated scaler for 4K@30Hz, which i used before i had 60Hz compatible hardware)

Now to my problem:
    I'm turning on my "cinema setup". This includes the TV turning on, AVR turning on and switching to channel "STRM BOX". Also the power adapter, Linker, Splitter getting power now. After a few seconds i have awesome ambilight available.

When i'm switching now just the AVR Channel to "GAME" which is the Input for my nintendo switch, the ambilight is gone. I need to powercycle the the Linker to get my ambilight back. Its not happening alwys thogh. I hope anybody had this issue and found the cause.
    (Ofcourse i tested different Linker fw's and different settings etc.)