Beiträge von Shoopity

Forgive me if this has been answered, but I swear I've done my research. I saw the thread where Openelec version 8 broke Hyperion and a temporary fix was to grab some files from version 7, upgrade to 8, then bring the old files back; but that was supposedly fixed. I didn't try that, but that's because that thread said not to anymore. I had this working many moons ago, I think Version 6 when Kodi was on Isengard, but I'm not 100% sure it was on a Pi Zero W (might've been a Pi 2). I've tried a couple times to do version 7, but Jarvis doesn't seem to see the built-in wifi, as is evidenced by the first option on the network page is to set the time server.

Here's my setup:
    Raspberry Pi Zero W (the most recent version I think)
    2 meters of 30/meter WS2812B
    5v 5a Power Supply
    Fresh install of Openelec 8.0.4
    Fresh install of Hyperion via HyperCon

Here's my issue:
    If I choose the type as WS281X and try to start (via HyperCon), here's the log:

If I choose WS281X-SPI, it runs (without changing anything else), getting passed the Python interpreter, but I get unusable results. Under LibreElec, I could use the Android App to change the colors, but it would regularly either flash white, or just show white. The confusing part to me was that the colors the app set would be good if I was moving the mouse around, but if I stayed still, it would flicker white, and if the screen saver came on, it was on white the whole time. Under OpenElec, it's just white, period. I know this is probably a clock thing, and the Pi Zero may be under-powered. I don't know enough of how to lock the clock down (if it's even possible in Open/LibreElec). If it's easy (and possible with a Pi Zero), just point me in that direction.

Let me know if you really need the config file (I didn't think it was important since the SPI worked, but I also know the SPI doesn't have options the other Type has).