Beiträge von Eistee

@TPmodding

Yes and no - Yes with analog input you will never get a clean crisp hd-like image. No, the STK1160 chip with chroma off delivers a well saturated image which could be used for good calibration - so this topic is not input related.

Edit: I use the same video2av converter for all tests...

My fushicai grabber is from Logilink and also from amazon.de: Perhaps you are able to find a us seller for it.

I really wonder how people are satisfied with the fushicais colors and tell they have "calibrated it". I personally don't like the ambilight turning pure red if skin is at the screen borders :)

Or do you think there really are multiple hardware version with fushicai chips? Perhaps you can find out which german device with fushicai is not oversaturated?

Ah, addition: The STK1160 is oversaturated out of the box, too. But the driver has v4l2 controls implemented. When turning off "chroma-args" with v4l2-ctl i have a naturally saturated image. I put the command in a startup script. Last i must say that the grabbed pictures from STK1160 have less quality tha the fushicai ones, but this isn't very important for ambilight usage.

I can live with the flashes but they are annoying after spending much time putting the ambilight together...

I have bought the "mumbi Video Grabber USB 2.0" from amazon.de and it has the STK1160

You can choose: Fushicai with oversaturated colors (you can't correct them with calibration) or stk1160 with "frame to small" errors resulting in blue flashes from time to time.

I had contact with the fushicai driver author and he's thinking about implementing v4l2 command when he has time and if its possible. This would be perfect...

No one interested in this topic? Hyperion is a great software, but without working and color-correct grabber i only have half of the ambilight fun...

Addition: I'm in contact with the fushicai driver creator, there possibly might be some v4l2-ctl support in future, but its not sure...

Hi,
    after finishing my ambilight project i spent a lot of time with calibration, raspberry images and driver test. I have a WS2801 stripe with poor weaker/stronger RGB channels so calibration is essential for me.

*** Logilink Fusicai USBTV007 Grabber ***

After many calibation tries without getting good results, especially for red and "skin" colors, i checked the image colors the grabber produces. I recognized that the grabber image is already very oversaturated as described here by @HalbesHaehnchen:

https://hyperion-project.org/t…ment.104/page-2#post-1687

So it would be pointless to try to correct this with hyperion calibration if the source image already lost color information. So i wanted to disable chroma with v4l2-ctl, but after trying different images, kernels, v4l-utils versions and last checking the driver source files: There is no implementation for any v4l2-ctl commands and i don't think there will be any in future, because the linux driver is a reverse-engineered windows driver. So i was stuck with the fushicai grabber. I can't imagine how anyone gets good colors with this chip?

*** mumbi stk1160 grabber ***

I use v4l2-ctl to set chroma_agc=0 at startup. Then with v4l grabber default stetting (2/8) i have decent, well saturated colors and with calibration everthing is much much better than with the fushicai, but: I get "frame too small" messages and blue ambilight flashes from time to time. I digged deeply into this issue, tried a lot of things and lately i found an issue directly regarding the driver implementation. But i'm unsure if there will be any fix for this...

*** Workaround for STK1160 flashes? ***

As far as i understand the code in libsrc/grabber/v4l2/V4L2Grabber.cpp, if the "Frame too small" occurs the frame will be skipped? Is that the reason for the blue flashes? My idea for a workaround solution: Can we save the last valid frame und use it if the next frame is corrupt? I think it nearly won't be noticeable? And much better than blue flashes?

I'm not familiar with C++ but i would greatly appreciate if the developers can check my idea and tell if its complete nonsence...

Issue reference on Github: https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion/issues/719

Now i have tried: Using a full image instead of lite, compiling latest version of v4l-utils (1.10.1), updating to latest kernel... Nothing, no commands.

Perhaps ists hardeware related? I have the Fushicai UTV007 grabber. But without correct colors from the grabber, i think i can try calibrating hyperion forever...

Addition: I don't have any controls:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ v4l2-ctl -l
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ v4l2-ctl -L
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $

But i can definitely grab the over-saturated screenshots with hypercon... Driver issue? I have no clue how to get the controls :(

@HalbesHaehnchen

After fighting with hyperion color corrections i recognized that my fushicai grabber output is over saturated, exactly like your chroma on picture. So all my calibration effords lead to strange colors... Can you please tell me how you disabled this over-saturation?

I already changed my image from openelec to raspian so i have access to v4l2-ctl - butno i have no idea how/what to change...