Wake up a computer or NAS together with Hyperion through magic packets over network, also called WakeOnLan. Define one or more MAC Addresses you want to wake up. You can also enable continuous sending to prevent standby while Hyperion is running.
Feedback and feature requests below. Feel free to add more WOL related features. Don't forget to submit your changes to our repository
The development of Hyperion relies currently (past ~4 months) mostly on me. I do my best, but this isn't enough. Recently i decided to overhaul the messy code a last time because of nasty bugs and bad internal API's for future expansion. But also to match better the users needs.
Most notable but not limited to (which is currently NOT in the repository)
- Hyperion is a "start once with config and restart if you want to change options" -> No go -> Moved to dynamic apply application wide
- Database instead config files
- Multi instances within the same process (this depends on 1 and 2)
- A second network discovery option (UPnP) to search for Hyperion (address/port) (Very fast and simple to implement on client side)
- Plugin API to write little extension to build bridges between simple tasks / services. Along with a repository to browse through
- Password protection/ token based authorization, deny network clients with external (internet) ip address to access the API
- All API's documented in detail with examples (This is indeed a feature!)
The problem is that a lot of stuff has been poorly coded (also in the .ng era) and a lot of led devcice have no error handling, they crash Hyperion simply to death if there is something wrong (Which is one of the hughest issue - as my testing coverage is very limited - so i can just interpret the code if it may crash)
Platform capture is also a hugher topic, escpecially when it comes to more security (running Hyperion as non-root)
The contributor problem:
Hyperion isn't very community driven on core code side, people usually hack together there solutions with some scripts. (So instead implementing things into Hyperion they are worked around, which is no solution on the long run if you ask me)
I don't know where the declination comes from against implementing it the right way escpecially as Hyperion has more than just a few users.
The sample service plugin is a playground plugin which helps you to develope your first service plugin. You can post feedback here.
Das wird sich leider noch etwas ziehen. Es geht aber vorwärts!
Hallo, leider hat Hyperion V1 keinen Webserver, daher ist HTTP nicht möglich. Kommt allerdings mit Hyperion 2, dort kann man POST request mit dem json Befehl im body absetzen. Ein URL parsing wie in deinem Beispiel: http://webserverIP/?color=red&timeout=5000 ist momentan nicht implementiert.
Be aware that i linked to the .ng repository. As offered just ask if you have any questions regarding the hyperion code.
sounds interesting, may you have some time available to implement this for testing? My time is actually very limited.
The gamma transforms are applied here https://github.com/hyperion-pr…ils/RgbTransform.cpp#L143
If you have any questions, just ask.
Thank you for your proposal
Ist leider nur eine temporäre Lösung, grundlegend haben wir ab und zu Probleme mit der Let's Encrypt API bzw den Scripts. Genaueres kann ich aber nicht sagen, da dies unser Admin beaufsichtigt
Wurde gefixt. Danke fürs Melden.
Ich werde mir was überlegen, damit das nicht mehr passiert.
That's crazy, but i like it!
Hello @Akriss ,
a support for multiple instances is not planned, yet. I should note that i currently rework a lot of stuff to remove the need of multiple instances on the same system. On different systems a forward of the command is still required. As a second choice the 'watch kodi' stuff will come back as a optional part of Hyperion.
I apologize for the current "quirks"
I noticed that the port is printed as info, i need to reduce the amount of stuff that is printed...
was bedeutet denn "Zukünftig"?
Hängt hauptsächlich von meiner Geschwindigkeit ab
2017 wird wohl leider nichts mehr.
Log voll mit Fehlermeldungen von dem Binding ist
Am Besten dem Programmierer des Bindings melden.
Läuft der .ng Server mittlerweile?
Kommt darauf an, was du als "laufen" definierst
What are Plugins?
Hyperion does not provide solutions for every use case. Integration of "all use cases" would blow up the code (size) very fast and has a bunch of down sides like rapid update publishing for every tiny change and higher instabillity risk of the core. Also the Hyperion programming language (C++) is too complex for beginners and trivial tasks.
So Hyperion starts little external programs written in Python, we call them "Plugin"
A Plugin adds a new feature to Hyperion
- This can be a simple timer event like. "Enable Hyperion at nine o'clock", "Dimm brightness to 50% at ten o'clock"
- Interaction between Hyperion and a media player. "Enable capture when video plays and disable on stop"
- Home automation, your telephone rings so "Run the notification effect in red for 5 seconds"
Comfortable for Users
- We provide Plugins from our repository
- The installation is simple, open the web configuration and install one or more plugins
- Configuration is also done through the web configuration, hassle free.
- Start / stop / update / remove whenever you want.
- Automatic updates on new versions
- Security: A buzzword these days. We will do our best that plugins won't harm or do suspicious actions on your system, as each plugin will be reviewed before we add it to the repository.
Comfortable for Developers
- Programming for beginners, Python is easy to learn.
- Tutorial with sample plugin which gets you started in no time: Plugin Development Starter
- Fully documented API: Plugin Development API
- Be sure your work will be honored by submitting Plugins to our repository where the Hyperion community around the globe can download them.
Can i use a plugin which is not part of the Hyperion repository?
Yes, we don't regulate the usage of plugins, you can share them as a .zip file with other people. But use them on your own risk.
Can i use another repository?
No final decision, currently it's limited to our repository. The idea behind one repository for all is also to prevent heavy "plugin splitting", we are a small but active community and Hyperion is a niches software. So let's gather all the great plugins at one place with proper information and support flow.
I have an idea for a new Plugin
Create a new thread which describes your idea, another user can take your proposal or a team member will have a look. If you want to learn a little bit Python programming you probably want to have a look at this: https://docs.hyperion-project.…gins_dev#our_first_plugin
With the sample plugin as template you can create a new plugin very fast
Probably yes. But together with the docu and the .deb install package you won't run into any issues.