Beiträge von Katak

Hello,

I was trying to use the kodi checker feature because LEDS are always ON, I want them to be functionnal only during a movie, hence:

"xbmcVideoChecker" :
    {
    "xbmcAddress" : "192.168.0.35",
    "xbmcTcpPort" : 9090,
    "grabVideo" : true,
    "grabPictures" : false,
    "grabAudio" : false,
    "grabMenu" : false,
    "grabPause" : false,
    "grabScreensaver" : false,
    "enable3DDetection" : false
    },

This is a kodi box, even if I set an IP that does not exist, LEDs are always on.
    I'm using the last version of Libreelec.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks

Hello,

One question on power supply:
    - I get 96 leds to supply at maximum, do I have to plug 5V power supply on each side ?!
    - I do not know the drop volatge at the end if I only supply one side... APA102 here 60 leds/m

It looks like Lethargik only plugged one side, do you see any visual difference one one side wompared to the other one ?

Thanks

thanks for your feedback, I bought the RPI zero WH since the price is quite low. I do the issue, it concerns VIH as per electronic understanding; do we have a solution compliant and easy with RPI ?

I'm saying that because I bought the grabber and converter a week ago and I've discovered yesterday an App the may be run on Android system that can provide data to hyperion... Great idea :)

One question, what is your feedback on ambilight ? may you watch a movie without the system ? ^^

Have a good afternoon,

Katak

Hey Lethargik !

Thnaks again for this great support, all my questions have been totally answered and now I'll take time to prepare the whole thing.
    I'll try to find these wago connectors, look really useful ! :)

I bought this device with UTV007 chipset, I hope it will be compliant with raspberry.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/282995512012

How did you learn the hard way that short wires were mandatory ? :-/

Kind regards,

Katak

PS: btw I'm using a RPI 1 with video grabber, an AVR will allow me to avoid a splitter.

Hello Lethargik,

I assume you do not bear your surname... Wow great feedback, cystal clear and professional, thanks a lot !

I have been too much synthetic... sorry I was working when I posted this topic.

Below some information of what I have forecasted / done / bought:
    - TV 70" => 5 meters needed
    - 5 meters LED APA102 5V bought, 60 LEDS per meter => I have hesitated with 144/m but looking at consumption and "over-specification" I did not
    - I made an estimation of 20 A for the whole setup
    - As per the PC PSU I was targeting the area 60% of load hence I bought a 30A DC 5V PS
    - I bought this:
    - Just for information I bought an amazon IR remote with a relay module to shutdown the whole thing if I don't like it... ^^ (never tried)

I am now wondering how I can plug my wires on each angle... I mean you do need the SPI feature so you can't avoid the angle connectors...
    => How do you connect the supply on each ? you solder wires directly on the belt / tape just before or after the connector ?

If you going through south of France I'll pay you a beer for sure ! :)

Have a great day / evening

Hello,

I ordered a 5m led for my 70" TV, I was wondering if I could supply the whole stuff or if I needed to add supply wires in the middle to ensure all the leds are correctly supplied ?

Do you have any topic dealing with power supply VS LED length ? :)

Thanks,

Katak