Beiträge von Com

Thank you, you've also inadvertently answered another question I had which was if the Pi Zero has enough grunt to run Hyperion properly or whether its worth going for the Pi 3B instead? Another thing I was wondering is if there is any way of feeding Hyperion the capture image digitally via HDMI splitting instead of that analog capture card as that should make the end result much sharper/accurate.

Your config looks absolutely amazing though and has really motivated me to look further into the DIY aspect because whilst I'm all for simplicity you really seem to get the best out of this with a custom job that is tweaked accordingly to your situation.

Another thing I'm wondering is how does this all handle movies that are in different aspect ratios than the screen? How does the effect translate then with the black borders in real life? Does it still pick up on the action easily?

Fantastic, do you have any more pics of yours please? Also whats the main difference in between the 60/m and 30/m in the real world?

Also its the "splashes" thing that really interests me as well because my TV has a thin bezel and I think that would really add to it, especially for racers and anything from first person POV.

Thanks

Supremely helpful, thank you very much.

This looks like it could be an amazing mod and its obvious a lot of effort and knowledge has gone into creating it but at the moment I wished to weigh up how the "ready made" version compares to a DIY approach in terms of cost/effort as the insanelight 51 works out around £240 with the discount and uses what is classed as better LEDs plus just works out of the tin.

Really helpful, once again thank you for taking the time to reply. How do you find the mod overall? Worth it? Does it add to the immersion or just a gimmick?

Also does it matter if the TV is not right up against a wall as mine is about a 30cm away. After looking at various videos it looks like a really cool effect to make the TV seem bigger than it is but its mainly the gaming aspect that gets my attention too as I think it would add absolutely loads there due to the nature of play and what you focus on.

Hi there, really interesting looking project and I'm thinking of making one and have a few Qs I'd appreciate some help on:

How much does this cost to make (UK £) roughly?
    Can you control the brightness of the LEDs/make them dimmer for a night mode?
    Does it add any input lag to gaming etc?
    Does it make a difference if you use a Pi Zero or 3? If so what?
    Are all LEDs equal?
    How do you ensure you've ordered the right capture card?
    How is it turned on/off? Can that functionality be controlled automatically via HDMI CEC or similar for seamless integration?

Ideally what I'd like to make is the version where its configured via a HDMI splitter so that it can be used on multiple inputs with at least two modes of brightness for the LEDs between day time and night time watching that can be switched with ease and without the use of a computer to control the Pi. My night time viewing settings are in Eco mode so that the screen backlight is very dim and I'd prefer the Ambilight to follow the same so that it matches the screen in terms of intensity of luminosity.

I found out about this project from here:

https://www.instructables.com/…-Input-Connected-to-Your/

And from what I've read the capture card can be the most problematic part of the whole project as the rest seems pretty much plug and play if you get the right parts.

Thanks