Beiträge von Cpd5899

Has anyone created any custom effects they'd like to share?

I have NO programming experience.... So just honestly looking to cheat

Awesome.... Thanks for your help... Hopefully this gets worked out... Driving me nuts... Especially after soldering and un-soldering and re-solderimg

I used multimeter.

I'll try dropping the baud rate tomorrow.

So if I get what ur saying, the higher, the more exaggerated the issues. And what exactly is a baud rate (as you can probably tell, I'm a total NOOB

It's one larger supply 20A.... I checked the wiring... Actually required the whole thing... Seems the issue only comes when it goes over the stretch above the sink... I checked the clock and data and it says it's at about 2.9v...

Seems to have gotten slightly better but definitely not perfect... If set the RGB to like 90/90/90 the last set starts to flicker. Maybe I should clarify, it's more like a twinkle... Random LEDs flash on and off and at different colors. I also strung them all together and they work perfectly if that stretch of wire isn't installed...

Is there something I should be adjusting INSIDE Hyperion? Baudrate or the Hz?

So, I installed about 4 meters of APA102 under my cabinets. My issue is, there is a break (about 2 meters) between the sink and about a meter of LEDs. The last meter will only respond properly when saturation is full. If it's let's say 30/30/30 the lady meter just flickers like crazy.

Would a logic lever shifter help? Or should I install "ghost leds" in the gap and just wrap with tape to hide the LEDs?

OK... Didn't see that list of effects.... That's an awesome list!!!

Now.... Can you give me a step by step on how to actually install those ok my Raspberry pi? I'm totally new to this... I'm not even sure yet i got hyperion installed properly... LOL

My issue is, I have NO programming knowledge what so ever. I've tried to read up on python and it is all gibberish to me...

Can you maybe help with this scenario? I would like to have an effect that, has three colors (red, white, green) and have them move around the LEDs. How would I edit a script to accomplish that? The only one I THINK I'm can maybe figure out would be police lights to change the two colors to what I want and then add the third color.

What I'm talking about as far as video is.... (not sure if even possible)

I want to have the HDMI cable from my DVR, pass through the RPi, have hyperion analyze the video and control the LED's and then obviously have the video displayed on my TV.

I'm totally new to RPi, hyperion or any coding at all.... Can someone point me in the right direction to add effects to hyperion?

I'm just looking at editing come colors and timing in the effects already available, call them something new, and then add to hyperion. I hope that explained it properly.

Is it possible to have music played on my computer (ie. Pandora), passed thought the RPi and have it control my LEDs just to the music and not video played through the RPi?

And also, what about passing video, (ie. DVR, through the RPi) and have hyperion work as it does with XBMC