Beiträge von neo2001

I updated the sketch I'm currently using.

Please keep in mind, that I only tested this with my own setup. To use it, at least the number of LEDs has to be adjusted. Also maybe the color order (which can be configured in Hyperion anyway). Also you maybe want to comment out the sleep mode and intro animation stuff if you don't want that.

Although this works perfectly fine for me, I'm currently also testing a Pro Micro (Atmega32U4) which has an integrated USB-interface and should be significantly faster (bandwidth) than the Arduino Mega/Uno/Nano/Pro Mini.

I also attached the Python script I used to create the prefixes.

Usage is pretty simple:

If no argument is given you have to enter the number of LEDs and it will give you the corresponding prefix.

If started with i.e. "--list 500" - it will list all 500 prefixes for 1-500 LEDs.

I'm currently using OpenELEC 5.0.8 on a regular Intel (HT)PC with Adalight/Arduino as "Bridge" and WS2812 stripes.

A couple of days ago I removed Boblight and installed Hyperion using the provided install script. :)

After configuring, the whole setup works so far (maybe still needs some tweaking) - but there are still some things/problems I don't really understand. Maybe someone can help me out here?:

• Which of the grabbers is actually the one supposed to be used? There is a internal framegrabber (which I disabled for now), a X11-grabber and there also seems to be a Kodi addon (which I didn't use). What are the advantages and disadvantages? In the autostart.sh "/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-x11" is started - so I guess this is the one supposed to be used?
    • If I use Hypercon (using SSH) to stop Hyperion the hyperion-x11 process isn't killed, but if I press "start", a new one is created, after some stop/stars it looks like this:

Code
      # ps aux | grep hyperion
      1482 root       0:06 /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-x11
      1518 root       0:04 /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-x11
      1580 root       0:01 /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-x11
      1610 root       0:00 {hyperiond.sh} /bin/sh /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond.sh /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json
      1611 root       0:00 /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-x11
      1612 root       0:00 /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json
      1615 root       0:00 grep hyperion

Is this how it's supposed to be or is this a bug? :)

• I also found that the whole autostart.sh script is executed again if I press "Start" in HyperCon. This is bad, because this file could also be used for other stuff the user only wants to run once on startup (like I do).

• I guess there is a good reason, but wouldn't it be easier to use systemd - which is part of Open/LibreELEC - to handle the daemons? After all it was made for this.
    • I disabled Black Border Detection (I only have LEDs on the sides) - still I get lots of messages in the log about "border stuff".
    • The internal frame grabber can be configured in HyperCon. Can the hyperion-x11 grabber also be configured somehow? BTW: In what units are height/width? 64%? 64 pixels? 64 parts?

Sorry for putting this all in one post...

Die Leiterbahnen verlaufen ja unter dem Kunststoff geschützt weiter. Hatte mal ein ähnliches Problem und habe dann einfach vorsichtig den "Lack" abgekratzt und die Leitung dann auf die freigelegte Leiterbahn drauf gelötet. Man muss nur sehr vorsichtig sein, dass man die Bahn nicht gleich mit wegkratzt.

Evtl. bessere bzw. solidere Alternative:
    Ein paar Millimeter vor den nächsten gesunden Pads abschneiden und ein kurzes Stück (in der richtigen Richtung natürlich) auflegen und jeweils Pad direkt mit Pad verlöten. Wenn die Stücke sich etwas überlappen geht das eigentlich ganz prima.

never seen this prefxies, i guess i dont need them if everything is running fine?

The original Adalight sketch seems to extract the number of LEDs directly from the prefix sent by the host/server - I guess that's why there is a checksum.

There are a number of sketches out there - most use static prefixes (hard coded in the sketch) others use the Adalight "approach" and add i.e. WS2812 support to it. I guess most of the time that's not really an issue because the number of LEDs doesn't has to be changed that often.

I've changed my sketch now to calculate the prefix based to the number of LEDs given in the sketch itself. This way only the number of lights has to be set.

I think printing the currently used prefix as a Hyperion debug message is a good idea. :)

I'm currently fine tuning the whole setup on my OpenELEC box.
    If you like I can also post my updated sketch and the Python script I used to generate the prefix list later (maybe some days - want to test it first).

I have a very simple setup running on OpenELEC 5.x using boblightd which is working fine so far. I'm using only two short WS2812b strips, containing only 30 LEDs in total (15 left and right of the screen, none at the top and bottom).

But since Boblight doesn't work very well with newer releases of Open-/LibreELEC I want to switch to Hyperion, which also seems much more powerful anyway. :)

The strips are connected to a Arduino Nano (ATmega 328) running a sketch I originally found on tweaking4all.com. I changed it to use the FastLED library instead, tweaked some more stuff and added the ability for the Arduino to go sleep mode if no data is received. The Arduino is connected to /dev/ttyUSB0.

The sketch basically just waits for a certain prefix in the data stream (preceding the actual color data) and then forwards this data to the FastLED lib which lights up the actual LEDs.

The boblightd.conf starts with:

Now to my actual question:

Which type of device should I choose? Adalight, AdalightAPA102, SEDU, RawHID (USB) - or something else?

Is there a description somewhere how these protocols actually work or what the differences are (In other words: How to handle/interpret the data sent)? Basically I'd obviously prefer a solution which is very similar to the existing one. But I also don't mind changing some stuff in the sketch.