Beiträge von ryanthetuner

3 leds per chip, although I'll have to look closer, it still seems smooth not like large blocks of color, But this was the only way I could get it to finally work. Am considering changing from ws2801 to apa102 eventually though maybe that will alleviate this issue...

Hey, so since I got no help from anyone else, I figured this out. For anyone having this issue with the red dot not following correctly: I am on ws2801 strip and was counting the leds NOT the chips. You have to use the number of chips in hypercon, NOT the amount of leds!

I've uploaded numerous config files via winscp and verified it had transferred correctly. I have changed grabber width and height to large numbers to no avail. Seems to do the same thing. When I run red ball video, only reads bottom of screen. I have a 4k tv, I don't know if that has any bearing on it.

159 leds and you start at the left corner and go counter clockwise, is that right?

Yes that's correct, starts at bottom left corner and goes cc around. The chasing light effects work perfectly, so it really confuses me. I installed osmc and uploaded same configuration to pi zero and it did the same thing...it has to be the internal grabber. Did I muck up the settings? I left them default.

Hello, I am new to the forums so I apologize if I screw up. i have osmc and hyperion on a raspberry pi 2 hooked to ws2801 leds. I can run all the colors and effects and they all work great. However, when I go to play a video in osmc the framegrabber seems to only be looking at the bottom edge and a little of the bottom left edge to control the whole screen. If I run the red dot video, it lights up for a second when the dot goes to the bottom left, then leds are unlit until it gets to the bottom of the right side and it commences to light all my leds around the rest of the screen in sequence. What the crap am I doing wrong?!! Thank you in advance for any assistance.

[MEDIA=pastebin]ZDdm5TTk[/MEDIA]

i am not able to grab my log right now, I'll throw it in later today.