Beiträge von ntdmr

I don't know about your setup, but I've already use hyperion with WS2801 strip in a 50" TV and a fixed wall mount.
    To get the best results I had to add some spacers to the wall mount in order to have the back of the TV at around 6cm of the wall.
    I've also added a plastic rail that allows me to fix the LED strip with an angle of around 30 degrees.

I got a 10mm wide strip of plastic and cut it into 4 lengths and used the adhesive backing on the led strips to stick it down.

Then I 3D printed some 45 degree wedges - 4 on each side and 6 along the top and bottom. These were glued to the strip and then blu-tak to hold them to the back of the tv.

Sounds good. I'll need to find some plastic rails and wedges

Hi All,

Awesome project, going to give this a go for my 55" TV. I already have a HTPC running KODI so my plan is to set this up on my pi and then use the kodi plugin. I believe it is possible to run Hyperion this way (server/client) on 2 separate devices?

I have seen the 60 LEDs/m and wondering if I can use these instead?

I have been reading the No Soldering guide (https://hyperion-project.org/t…mbilight-no-soldering.77/) and it mentions:

• Attention: If you use more then 32leds/m we run into power issues and the strip is more then 10mm width (which is not compatible with our connectors)
    • Attention: This solution has a limit of around 100LEDs, cause the connectors are not capable to handle the power delivery!

The problem seems to suggest power delivery and the connectors....
    I can get the soldering done for me. But should I be using any particular cable/wire for the corners?
    Even with the soldering, should I be using a power supply with more power for 60 LEDs/m for a 55" TV (Probably be around 4/5m). e.g.
    5V30A, 5V40A, 5V50A, 5V60A?

Thanks!