Beiträge von heikomat

Nice work, but I believe this should be possible already with this adb command:
    `adb shell am start com.abrenoch.hyperiongrabber.tv/com.abrenoch.hyperiongrabber.common.ToggleActivity`

I should maybe document that somewhere; I forget it exists!

Cheers!

oh, i didn't find that. Will try that one out later today. My command currently looks like this:
    `adb shell am startservice -a com.abrenoch.hyperiongrabber.service.ACTION_TOGGLE com.abrenoch.hyperiongrabber/.common.HyperionScreenService`

Thanks for the reply and the info about the opengl version. will definitely give that a try someday this week :)
    For now i made it possible to pause and resume the virtual display from the outside, and made a button send the appropriate adb command. This way, i just need to press a button to disable/enable it, when i start/stop watching 4k content ( https://github.com/heikomat/hy…4602f10da37de049bca9443a6 )

Hey,

@abrenoch
    First of all, great work on the app. Tested it on my XF9005 (X900F in America), and it works great out of the box.
    The only thing i'm struggling with is 4k content. It *works* with 4k content, but the playback starts to stutter if the grabber is active.

As a developer, i startet debugging the app, to see where the performance is lost (and why). The app itself doesn't use many resources, but it seems that the tv struggles to render the 4k video to the virtual display fast enough.

I tried different things to determine the cause (not sending the picture to hyperion, not attaching an ImageAvailableListener, rendering to a surface provided by a MediaCodec instead of an ImageReader), but the only thing that seems to improve performance is to not provide the virtual display with a surface.

Is there anything in the works regarding performance?
    Could an external android TV Box possibly be fast enough to not struggle with 4k + grabber active?
    Or am i out of luck, and i need to buy something like the lightberry hdmi 2.0 kit to enjoy 4k content with the lighting?