Beiträge von mjsevilla

Im just really hoping this will allow me to throw away both utv007 and stk1160 30FPS capture devices and upgrade to something with USB 3.0 that is 60FPS. This is my dream and the only thing I don't currently like with my system.

my assumption is that as long as the 3.0 capture device is V4L2 compatible that it should at least have some hope.......

Agreed. Wherever we have the opportunity to reduce the number of adapters/converts in the setup, the better. As excited as I am to build my own Hyperion ambilight setup, I think I'll wait for now.

most users wonna look 4k videos, with the pi4 this should be now possible... but the software is the same...maybe less cpu usage but no other big changes...

Yes, I believe I am one of those people! I have a 4K HDR LG TV that I would love to add Hyperion ambilight to. However, I will continue to watch and learn hoping the Pi4 will prove to be an easier install for 4K HDR.

Hey, everyone! I'm starting to put together the items I need to build my own Hyperion ambilight setup for my 4K HDR TV. It'll mainly be for my 4K HDR gaming off my Xbox One X.

My understanding is that I require an HDMI splitter as well as an HDMI downscaler to downscale the 4K video from the Xbox One X to 1080p for the HDMI to AV converter which will then plug into the video grabber and finally into the Raspberry Pi.

It looks like the average price of an HDMI splitter/downscaler combo with HDMI2.0, HDCP2.2, EDID, etc. costs around $50USD.

I stumbled upon this gem on Amazon for about half the price. Does anyone know if this splitter/downscaler combo will work?