Beiträge von Mhut

Led is connected through USB to the pi.
    And is one unique strip, no soldering nor cuts.
    If the whole led was flickering, I've read some things to check and do. But what is strange to me is that I've described, just flickers only on the top way. The laterals and bottom are fine.

I've read on some other thread that most of the grabbers are passing too much saturated images to the pi to process, so I assume that's affecting the color information to display.
    On some grabbers it seems possible to adjust some tweak on his drivers, by disabling gamma or something similar (I can't remember for sure), but sadly, I tried that on my UTV007 grabber, but it's not possible because the driver does not provide such options (drivers are a port of windows, so..... I think there's nothing we can do on that way).

Hi, just noticed today when watching a stream that lights are off all the time. Tried with Sopcast and Acestream programs (if anyone doesn´t know them, these are live stream based on p2p protocol) and lights does nothing.
    Here´s a part of the log, from the time i begun the stream, then the same messages are displayed all the time....

What can be the cause of that issue ??

PS: Tried another kind of "play-while-download" programs or addons (like Exodus, Specto, etc...) and the lights are working ok when the video starts to play.

The grabber settings are taken from the Lightberry site, but I've also tried with 720x576 and not noticed any improvement nor issues between both. In the beginning I have left the default settings from Hypercon, and can say it works well also. From what I saw, at least with the Lightberry grabber supplied, changing that settings does not make a big difference, but I suppose that lowering the resolution saves CPU and processing resources. The only thing you have to watch specially is the crop values. And maybe you can play with the priority (lower value is higher priority) which can help with the led response to image changes.

For the .dat file load, yes, it is an issue with the program. It loads everything except that one's you've noticed.

Yes, i have apa102, usb connection.
    Here´s my config:

I only have succes with baudrate=1.000.000
    With other values i can't make it working.
    For the other issue Im not sure, there's some settings to play on the smoothing options and update values. On my setup it seems to react well to image changes normally.
    Don't forget to also configure the grabber options, disable the internal grabber and enable V4L2, look in the wiki how to configure that for the crop values ( to avoid black borders and green lines in the image captured by the grabber to process).
    Tomorrow I can send you mi config file if you like, I'm not at home right now.

I mainly followed the tutorial for the config file available on the wiki on this site. Didn't take into account nothing from the lightberry config because I was suffering the same error you commented on the first post, so I deleted that file thinking it was corrupt or incorrect.

If you've generated the config file from Hypercon and transferred to the Pi, you are fine. At least it seems so on my setup. Don't know what are the differences between the config file from Lightberry add-on and the one from Hypercon.

The lightberry add-on is only for configuration, it does not install anything.
    The Hyperion is a service and plus some libraries to install on the system.
    Download Hypercon from https://sourceforge.net/projec…les/hypercon/HyperCon.jar
    Open that on your PC, I assume your Pi it's on the same network, then on the Hypercon tool go to the last tab and put the correct data to make able to connect through SSH to your RPI. Then click on connect and, if success, click on the install/update button. If you don't see any errors during the installation, then Hyperion is installed on your Pi system, and the you can proceed to configure from the same Hypercon tool.

You can uninstall the add-on from the Kodi addons menu.
    About the json config file, you can delete manually (Its on /root/etc/hyperion, at least on my Osmc installation) or just ignore it because you can overwrite it by sending your new config file from the Hypercon tool if you connect through SSH).
    And then what...download Hypercon tool on your PC, connect SSH on the program to your RPI, and from there you can install/update hyperion and also create the json config.

I would advice you to delete te config generated by the lightberry plugin and made a new config file from scratch using Hypercon tool.
    I was suffering the same issue. I think the lightberry plugin is outdated or has some issues with latest hyperion versions.

PS: Before erasing the config file, you can open it with a text editor and take note of the first lines regarding the led chip and hardware type in order to provide the correct data on the Hypercon tool.

Hi.
    My setup:
    RPI3 + OSMC + LIGHTBERRY (APA102, using 92 LEDs).
    All is working almost fine, but i suffer some flickering ONLY on the top strip of my led (install beggins on bottom left, the goes up and counterclock aroung all the tv sides). It is more noticeable on static pictures, like menu backgrounds, or more likely, on the pictures with full colors used for calibrating (like the ones available here from the configuration wiki). Of course, when watching videos i barely can see any flicker at all, because normally the color is changing a lot.
    Strange thing is, if i send a static rbg value from the hyperion android app, it does not flicker at all, so the leds seems ok.
    Also, it does not flicker at all if i display a full white picture, but flickers if i display a full red/blue/yellow/etc
    And also, i can´t understand why it only flickers on the top part of the strip (never see that on the sides nor bottom, and i tested that a lot).

Any ideas to throw ??

No, i mean when the issue happens, acts like blackborder detection is enabled.
    I know theres a short delay, but more than 5 seconds, and as i´ve said, sometimes a whole sequence wich can go above 15 or 20 or more secons... i think it´s not normal.
    About increasing the threshold.... Is it not suppossed that if i disable black borders detection, those settings does not apply ??...
    I think you understood me bad, or i explained wrong :)

I don´t want to detect black borders, because i want all the whole led strip lights when watching movies (top+bottom+sides), even when they have or not black bars.