Beiträge von Manbient

Exactly, since the new Hue app supports Homekit, Hue lights can be controlled via Siri. If the Hue bridge could control the Led strip, you could integrate it into scenes, etc without the need of additional 3rd party home automation solutions or a bazillion different apps. Would be a lot more convenient in my opinion. However, you would only be able to set single solid colours because Hue doesn't have addressable light strips but, anyway. Better then having to use different apps which often results in just leaving it off because of lazyness.

Joined up essentially to say that this is something I am most excited about. The Hue universe is continually gaining traction and getting so much easier to integrate into the home 'for dummies' that soon my whole home will be Hue. My living room has strips and bulbs all over, and it would be nice to plunk hyperion controlled strips into that architecture as a recognized 'hue light' so they don't go to waste.

For what it's worth, right now I use hue essentially phone-less using the dimmers programmed to scenes I want 95% of the time. That would be the ideal for hyperion strips too, although setting priority for control might be weird when content is on the TV.