Beiträge von theovlit

https://hdfury.com/product/4k-diva-18gbps/

The HD Fury Diva is the only thing I've found that will fix your issue. I think they offer something else that would work, but it requires you to have an HDMI splitter that already up/down scales property. Plus the Diva offers a few extra HDMI ports that will work with DV and all the new DHCP standards. I highly recommend a Diva if you want the best out of your 4k display.

I've purchased

Before I had an HDMI2AV converter (Composite I think, the one with the yellow) to a SD grabber.

Before switching to the 1080p hdmi grabber I feel like my lights were a lot more responsive.

I'm using WS2801 SPI on a RaspberryPi 3b. Could it be that it's talking longer to process a higher quality image? My decimation is set to 8 and was 4 before. Would upgrading to a Pi4 help this situation?

I bought this one from Amazon for my project - granted its not 4k but when you think about it, I don't really think 4k for the LEDs is needed. You only have so many LEDs anyway and unless you have a newer pi 3 or 4 you'll likely need to further compress the video input so there is not 5 seconds of lag on the screen.

I have 60 LEDs/m for my project and so far can't notice any issues with LED Colors with a 1080 grabber even though my input is 4k and my TV is 75in. I'm still testing/building but I can say for sure that it doesn't output anything when my PS5 is off. All my LEDs stay off thru this grabber and its plug and play for me, hyperion saw it without my configuring anything additional.

I've purchased this USBHDMI Grabber and it works beautifully like Alpha7 states. No rainbow colors with no input; resolved my LED flicker; I also had an issue with dark or gray colors on the screen being displayed as green from the LEDs, this has resolved that too. The colors seem more accurate and brighter as well.

I'm running Hyperion.NG with Hue Lights and they are also more vibrant and responsive. I would highly recommend this grabber to anyone looking to resolve the above-mentioned issues, or if you are looking to bypass your AV2HDMI converter.

I bought this one from Amazon for my project - granted its not 4k but when you think about it, I don't really think 4k for the LEDs is needed. You only have so many LEDs anyway and unless you have a newer pi 3 or 4 you'll likely need to further compress the video input so there is not 5 seconds of lag on the screen.

I have 60 LEDs/m for my project and so far can't notice any issues with LED Colors with a 1080 grabber even though my input is 4k and my TV is 75in. I'm still testing/building but I can say for sure that it doesn't output anything when my PS5 is off. All my LEDs stay off thru this grabber and its plug and play for me, hyperion saw it without my configuring anything additional.

I want to purchase this. Which version of Hyperion are you using? Classic or NG

I don't think that the second generation of Vertex can do the HDR > SDR conversion. It's main purpose seems to be to split HDMI and to extract audio.
    You can go with Diva or Vertex/Integral 2 + X4 to achieve what you want. Diva is, of course, newer and only one device (so you might save 2-5 frames delay) but you could try to get a Vertex or Integral 2 (Vertex just has an on screen display which the Integral 2 doesn't has) plus the X4 off of ebay to save some bucks

After closer inspection, I do see that the Vertex2 doesn't convert HDR to SDR. That's too bad. Diva it is. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Hello all,
    I've built my first Hyperion setup and am now looking to get it working with 4K DHR. I've done quite a bit of research and I think I understand the limitations of the system. What I 'v have seen as a solution is to add the HD Fury 4K Diva in the mix so you can have it downscale and convert HDR streams to SDR for the capture device. It seems the limitation is due to it only outputting to the lowest signal quality. I was going to pick up a Diva today but then I came across the Vertex2 for $150 cheaper.

Has anyone used this instead of the Diva? It looks like it does the same things but without the LED drivers.

https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-diva-18gbps/

https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-vertex2-18gbps/