Beiträge von Sousanator

Hey,

I really love your software and it works perfectly with the old hyperion. But I cannot get it to run with hyperion.ng. I used the same settings as for the old hyperion but my leds dont get any signal. I tested it with alpha3 - alpha6 and the problem persists. When I change back to the old hyperion everythings runs again. I havent tested the other alphas so I cannot say when the problem occured. Has anything changed regarding the proto server or how hyperion.ng handles the input data?

What are your settings? I think I remember it didn't work for me until I set the priority to 100

Is there anyway to grab the Live View feed (Hyperion.ng) and view it in something like VLC?

The mjpeg stream is there, I just don't know how to view it outside of Hyperion.

On the left side click Configuration > General. There will be a section called 'LED Hardware Instance Management'. Under 'New Instance Name' type what you want to call the instance then click 'Create Instance'. Then click "Start' for that new instance.

In the top right corner there's an icon with arrows going left and right, click on that and you'll be able to see all your active instances. Click on your new instance. Anything you save from now on will be for your new instance. You can now go to Configuration > LED Hardware and add your new device without effecting your previous instance. To edit your old instance click on the arrows menu again and select it.

I'm running into this issue as well (alpha 5 April 23). It seems to be information overload to the bridge when using screen capture. The more Hue lights active, and the more motion on screen, the quicker it stops LEDDEVICE. Using static colors, effects, or slow moving images doesn't stop LEDDEVICE. Reducing down to 1 hue light also prevents LEDDEVICE from stopping.

I'm assuming the Entertainment API will solve this issue since one command can trigger multiple hues so there isn't as much traffic on the bridge.
    I'd be interested to hear your results @Lykane

I couldn't find any SmartThings device handlers that worked with instances with Hyperion.ng so I made my own. Thought I would share to save anyone in the future some time.

This device handler can disable/enable a specific instance in Hyperion.ng, set any color, set the brightness, change the scene(aka effect), clear animations, and enable/disable LED and USB Components Control.

Add this device handler in your Smartthings IDE. Create a new device with the above device handler. In the preferences add the IP address, and port (19444 by default) of your Hyperion.ng controller. You'll also have to set the priority level (default 50) and the Instance # (not the instance name). Instance # starts at 0 and is in order in 'General settings > LED Hardware Instance Management' on your Hyperion.ng webpage.

By default the scenes are populated with the included Hyperion effects. You can add your own to any of the available 50 scenes. Effects are case sensitive. You can also use webCore to call a custom scene using setSceneCustom(String). All main functions are in available in webCore as well.

This version doesn't have any feedback so if you're adjusting on the web browser or anywhere else it will get out of sync with SmartThings.

https://github.com/Sousanator/Smartthings-Hyperion.ng