Beiträge von bob21

It appears to initialise...

But I only see this in preview:

This morning I tried reinstalling on a fresh Raspbian and going through everything to make sure the settings are ok but I cannot get it to work again. So weird because it was working well. Is there anything else I can try before I order another stick?

So thanks to TPmodding, I am pretty much up and running using WLED (thanks for the suggestion!)

I initially had some issue getting things set up, until I realised that I was running the old version of Hyperion and HyperCon :p

I am currently using 2.0.0 alpha5. To my surprise, my cheapo capture card from Aliexpress which was meant to be an STK1160 and isn't, started working and auto-detected when I installed v2alpha5. I didn't think it was compatible, so it was a nice surprise! :) After much testing and calibration (and reboots) I shut down and moved everything to it's final resting place, but when I booted up again it doesn't show a signal from the card o_O

It's still listed under lsusb:

Code
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 18ec:5555 Arkmicro Technologies Inc.

And v4l2:

Code
    USB2.0 PC CAMERA (usb-3f980000.usb-1.4):
       /dev/video0
       /dev/video1

and in Hyperion:

But no longer in Hyperion's source selector:

But it definitely was before.

I have tried manually entering /dev/video0 and /dev/video1, no joy.

How can I get this card working again? It obviously is capable of working, and it worked really well! I fail to understand how a reboot has killed it from being usable? o_O

So while I wait for a couple of the final components, something did arrive today and that is the vid cap. I think I may have fallen at one of the first hurdles though.. it identifies as:

Code
    18ec:5555 Arkmicro Technologies Inc.

Which is not what I ordered.

Looking at other threads like this: https://hyperion-project.org/t…icro-easycap-support.578/

It looks like this is an unsupported chipset. The console shows:

Code
    VIDIOC_S_INPUT ERROR 25, Inappropriate ioctl for device

My install is Raspbian Buster and Hyperion installed using the .jar. Am I doing something obviously wrong or is this chipset just outright not supported?

That's a good idea, I have one spare. But, I have a problem. Does the Arduino and D1 connect to the Pi with USB? The wire going from main enclosure to strip is 4 core. If I move the LED controller to the TV end, I have 2 spare wires. Is it possible to communicate from Pi > Di / Arduino with just those 2 wires?

Like this:

If it is, I think the D1 at the TV end is a logical choice. If it's not, I would have to run a separate long USB cable along side it, which I would rather avoid.

I suppose, I could Frankenstein a USB cable... looks like USB data is only 2 wires....

Or can the headers of the Pi and D1 be used?

Because the Arduino is in an enclosure with many other components. I am prepared that it may be problematic and I will either need to:

1. Shorten the wire - due to distance between TV on wall and box, this may not be possible by more than ~30cm
    2. Move the Arduino to it's own enclosure behind the TV, but this would require adding another board in the main enclosure because I planned to integrate a screen etc

So my plan is to try these things in this order:

1. Try as is
    2. Add level shifter
    3. Shorten cable as much as possible
    4. Relocate Arduino

Note: it seems BI should not be tied to DI. It is, for each subsequent LED, but for the start of the strip connecting BI to DI will cause a mismatch.

I am not sure if those are the same as I have. They work out at about 72W per 5M strip. Mine are marked as 90W per 5M and seem to fit versions C and D from the datasheet I posted. In any case, here's a look at what I will be doing:

Hopefully this is helpful to someone else. I take no credit for this, I threw this [very bad] diagram up after I got some advice from Ian.M on the EEVblog forums.

Edit: fixed image

Hi! Thanks for replying.

The datasheet doesn't seem to mention connecting BIN and DIN together: https://www.elecrow.com/download/WS2813_LED_Datasheet.pdf

The datasheet (and also this: https://cdn-shop.adafruit.com/datasheets/WS2812B.pdf) also doesn't mention anything of forward voltage (from what I can see) or if resistors are placed before each LED... so it's impossible to calculate the required resistance if the needed information isn't present. Adafruit's recommendation of 100R-500R seems a bit too much like wild guessing to me.