Beiträge von bob21

Hello all. I hope you are all well considering the current climate.

To start, I want to say thanks to everyone involved with Hyperion! This is an absolutely amazing project, and I am really looking forward to making mine. I'm in the process of ordering components for a build now, and I am unclear on a few things.

1. I thought initially that I would be able to run a W2813 strip from a Pi, but have come to conclusion that I cannot (or not easily/reliably) and would need an Arduino, so I have an Uno on order. What I am unclear on is where to connect the BI line? Is it just connected to the same GPIO pin as DI?

2. I initially came across the Hyperion Project by this instructable: https://www.instructables.com/…-Input-Connected-to-Your/ he mentions using a 10uf cap on the arduino between ground and reset to stop the arduino rebooting when connected to the Pi but I do not see any mention of this in any other guide (not the same as the 1000uf cap on the LED voltage). Has anyone come across a case where they needed to do this?

3. Just looking around on a few guides on the net, some of them have different cap and resistor values for the LED wires. What should I choose for the W2813s, still R470 and 10uf same as the W2812Bs?

Thanks! :)