Beiträge von Chris021

Yeah makes sense, I'll try that as well thanks!

Do get an issue right now when running colors/effects, that they only lasts for about 1-2 seconds before returning to the default led setting. Do you know what might be causing that?

Thanks for the reaction again :)

Yeah I'm Dutch indeed, don't mind opening a thread in English though cause in general you'll get a bit more response :)

Would be great to look at the Dutch forum also.

This is my GPIO (Rpi 3) layout:

- 2x 5v pin from which only 1 is connected to external 20A 5V PSU

- 2x GND pin where 1 is grounded to PSU V- and other to pin 14 (GND) RPi 3

- DO/DI pin now on GPIO 10 in stead of GPIO 18

- BO/BI pin on GPIO 23

Found the issue, it's the video grabber that is tripping.

Not so weird, considering it was bought at Uncle Ali's..

Is there a command to turn off the LEDs after using them? Right now I have to power down the PSU to turn off the lights.

Thanks for replying again :)

Yeah I used the systemctl hyperion minus the d, copy pasted it off the forum.

Luckily the terminal can't even find the hyperion(d) service, so seems impossible to do it wrong.

I use these LED strips:

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item…042311.0.0.27424c4deCTfnc

Just ran the LEDs on GPIO 10 and it works!!

There is some flickering though, no voltage flickering but lights just switching color and back.

Do you know what is causing this?

Thanks a lot already for helping!

Hi Ambientheater77,

Thank you for a reaction.

Managed to install TAR/DEB on Raspbian distro, Web UI was configurable but couldn't find a way to use the SSH or direct terminal.

This didn't fix the issues though.

The sudo systemctl I already tried, but ran again at your request.
    The debug log I added as attachment.

Thank you for a reaction.

I'm definitely no expert at this, so any advice is more than welcome :)

Alpha 7, 8 and 9 all used to work fine, but after switching to a fresh install of alpha 10 it seems impossible to get the LEDs working.

Think I've tried every single forum solution given:

- running as root (`sudo systemctl disable --now hyperiond@pi` | `sudo systemctl enable --now hyperiond@root` | `sudo reboot now`)

- changing config.txt file audio=on to off

- sudo apt-get update

- install all kinds of libraries, also looked like the rpi_ws281x library was fixed

- create hyperion.service file and run

Currently SSH shows the Hyperion status = Stopped, while the Web UI says all is running

Also the sudio hyperiond says the Hyperion Daemon is already running, but I'm not a terminal expert so don't know if this is the right service..

The video grabber (UT007) works, returns image when connected.

Live video works, Web UI seems correctly configured, power supply unit is working properly.

I've completely run out of ideas and cannot find any forum being able to help me further, so any advice/solution would be very much appreciated.

I would very much like to be able to install a HyperBian .img of alpha 8 or 9, but cannot find it anywhere. Only the .tar or .deb versions, but think that is only possible to install through RaspBian?

Thank you very much for a reaction.

Hi Thomas,

Look at this thread:

https://hyperion-project.org/t…y.10463/page-3#post-26614

After that your web interface should hopefully work again.

lines 1-12/12 (END)...skipping...
    hyperiond@pi.service - Hyperion ambient light systemd service for user pi
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/hyperiond@.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: active (running) since Sat 2020-08-01 11:51:34 BST; 17min ago
    Main PID: 553 (hyperiond)
    Tasks: 15 (limit: 2068)
    CGroup: /system.slice/system-hyperiond.slice/hyperiond@pi.service
    └─553 /usr/bin/hyperiond
    Aug 01 11:51:34 HyperBian systemd[1]: Started Hyperion ambient light systemd service for user pi.
    Aug 01 11:51:36 HyperBian hyperiond[553]: Can't open /dev/mem: Permission denied
    Aug 01 11:51:36 HyperBian hyperiond[553]: 2020-08-01T11:51:36.034 hyperiond LEDDEVICE : <ERROR> Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: mmap() failed'
    Aug 01 11:51:36 HyperBian [553]: Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: mmap() failed'

Seems like I just didn't have enough permission....
    Can you tell me how to run HyperBian as root or provide pi with enough permissions?
    I am no command line expert, sorry.

Thanks for the quick reaction, NG with LibreElec on the Pi 4 is now working.

For the HyperBian (Pi 3) log I don't know exactly which log you mean. In the web interface there are no log messages available, which ever log level I try to set.
    I can send an SSH log if that is relevant.

The Pi 4 with LibreElec now has platform capture (default) and LED device turned on, while the LEDs are connected to the HyperBian Pi 3.

Hi all,

I am trying to make my Raspberry Pi 4 with WS2813 LED and HyperBian installed to work for several days now, but I can't seem to succeed and am a bit lost where to problem lies.

This is my setup:
    - Rasperry Pi 4
    - WS2813 Led strip (60/M) https://nl.aliexpress.com/item…042311.0.0.33f14c4di8D4yd
    - PSU DC5V 20A https://nl.aliexpress.com/item…269583.0.0.69962f584xtkpW
    - HDMI Splitter 4K FeinTech
    - HDMI Video Grabber USB 2.0 https://www.ebay.nl/itm/HDMI-Composite-USB-2-0-Grabber-UTV007-Videograbber-Raspberry-Pi-PC-Hyperion/113691601989?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Hyperion configuration:
    - HyperBian installed on RPi 4 and RPi 3B+ (no difference)
    - Hyperion.ng (alpha 7) web interface connects
    - Configured LEDs (RPi PWM | ws281x) | RGB | GPIO 18 | DMA 10 | PWM 0
    - Capturing Hardware set to USB Capture, device found (AV TO USB 2.0) | Input Camera 1 | PAL | Automatic | FPS 30
    - Remote control, source selection and active is Origin system | USB capture (V4L2:/dev/video0)
    - No effects are set

Steps taken/findings:
    - I tried to clean install LibreElec with Hyperion.ng but cannot reach the web interface (Page not found)
    - I can run the jgarff/rpi_ws281x library and when testing all LEDs operate normally
    - When trying to activate the LED device (on|off switch) in components control it turns on, but the moment I return to Dashboard (component status) it is off again.
    - Old Hyperion does not recognize the USB Grabber (VIDIOC_S_STD ERROR 25)

All hardware seems to function properly with the new Hyperion.ng, so I cannot find the problem and would love to get some help for my setup. If you need additional information, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for a reaction!