Beiträge von Marciano

Hi i have running hyperion on my raspberry pi 3b+ with apa102 spi wich is running fine.

i want to know if it is possible to forward hyperion from my pi on my intel nuc wich running also hyperion and is connected on the same tv.

Maybe this is weird because why not running hyperion from my nuc but sinds the last couple of days my leds are not responding on my nuc anymore with my arduino. ( i think my usb port on my nuc is broken).
    so i tought why not forward hyperion rfom my pi to my nuc...

If this is possible what hyperion config to use on my nuc?

Thanks!

Sorry for late reply Thanks.

Do i need another arduino uno sketch for hyperion ng?
    I have set the rate too 500000 in my sketch cause my leds are flickering on my odroid C2.

I haven't this before

Please try with latest version. Make sure you made all the kernel stuff to activate amvideocap device. I use latest kernel from official hardkernel repo.

On my c2 it runs now smoothly.

Would you mind to share your config?
    And what Leds are you using?

I tried to get it work on my ODROID 2 running LibreELEC 9 but i can't get the color calibration working and the response of my leds are very slow. (APA102)
    And i have a lot of flickering what i don't have with hyperion 1

Hi,

I'm trying to get hyperion ng on my odroid C2 wich is running libreelec it work.

How i can i set up my config for hyperion ng?

Cause my old config doesn't work anymore.

Is it possible to edit my old config to get i work or do i need to make a new hyperion config?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have installed libreelec kodi leia just to test the new netflix addon.

It uses widevine inpustream decoder for decoding netflix videostreams.

For using the netflix addon i have to enable both grabbers but i only want to use the AML grabber.

Is it possible to use the AMLgrabber also for widevine inpustream decoder?

Cause widevine inpustream decoder is only working with framegrabber enabled...

Thanks!

Hi,

I have 4 hue bulbs that i want to use with a seperate hyperion config.

I was wondering how to set the frequency_Hz of the amlgrabber (for odroid C2).

Is it useless to use 4 hue bulbs and does it effect the performance of my APA102 leds?

Thanks!

Thanks!

I have this on my wetek play 2 i try this when het home from vacation.

EDIT:
    I removed the framegrabber part in my config and it fixed my issue. Thanks for that

But now i only have ambilight when playing video and no ambilight in the kodi menu's.

Any chance to have the ambilight back to the kodi menu when removed the framegrabber part on the wetek play2?

HI,

I have a Flickering issue with my WS2801 using hyperion on my WP2.

I have a small video uploaded to youtube

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I don't understand why when i watch Live TV there is no flickering but when i'm watch some movies or series 1080p my leds going crazy. (see video)

I don´t know if this is a powersupply issue cause iḿ using a 5v 40A Powersupply for 104 leds so that should be enough.
    The beginnig and the end of my stripe is connected also to the powersupply.

The GND of the stripe is connected to my arduino uno.

My hyperion.config.json:

My Arduino Sketch:

I hope that anyone can help me cause i don't know how to solve this.....

Thanks!

I think i am a little bit further,

The leds that blinking are flickering do i need to edit the sketch?

Here is my hyperion config

That's the sketch we provide and recommend at https://github.com/hyperion-pr…ino/adalight/adalight.ino

If the initial flash sequence thy the sketch does isn't working then I would double check all your wiring - thats the most common issue.
    In particular check the ground connection between your leds and the arduino.

Your power supply isn't ideal, it should for the most part work - if the voltage drops too much you lose some blue then green and finally red.

Thank you,

The initial flash is working but not on al leds only at the bottom right and half right of my tv and sometimes the whole rightside of my tv.

The whole leftside of the tv stays off.

Strange cause when the first time i powered on the leds with arduine and my odroid all leds where blinking.

I defined all the leds in my sketch set the correct pins.

And i checked that the ground is connected and all is fine.
    Do i need the end of the strip the gnd clock and the data connected to the arduino also or only the beginning of the strip?
    I have the beginning and the end of the strip the 5v connected to the powersupply.
    Is this correct?

Maybe i need another arduino like the arduino mega?

You're likely to get buffer over runs with an atmega328.

Which sketch are you using ?

You need 1428 bytes to store 1 complete frame of led data and the 328 only has 2k ram and depending on how the sketch works you may have problems

Thanks for you reply.

i'm using this sketch:

iḿ not familiar with arduino sketches but i found this one on the internet.

I don't know wich sketch to use for my apa102 leds.

Wich library i have to use with APA102?

FastLED or APA102 library?

Thanks!

HI there,

I'ḿ using a apa102 ledstrip with 476 leds.

I soldered the corners and powered my leds with a 5v 20a powersupply and control them with a arduino uno.

Unfutunately the leds aren't blinking as it should be.

For the first time all the leds where blinking but after that not al the leds are blinking anymore sometimes only the strip on the top and right sometimes only the bottom strip.

I tried some examples within the arduino IDE with APA102 library but still not al leds are blinking.

i was thinking if that the leds are underpowered or maybe the arduino can handle that many leds....

Is it better to use a powersupply 5v 30a and a arduino mega 2560?

Thanks!

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with my second config to run my 2 hue bulbs with my ws208 ledstripe.

The exact same config was running fine on my odroid C2 but i needed a fresh install and suddenly my config for my hue bulbs isn't working anymore.

I have this error: /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.hyperion/hyperion.config2.json: line 124: syntax error: unexpected end of file (expecting "}")

This is my config

pls help?

Hyperion-remote -c 000000

Thank you i found out that hyperion won't start after killall hyperiond when i did

systemctl disable service.hyperion.service

I found a script on a tutorial for toggle hyperion on and off using my remote for my tv and it works now perfectly.

I don't know if this is the right way to do it but it works finally.

Here is the script that i found.

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    SERVICE='hyperiond'
    if ps | grep -v grep | grep $SERVICE > /dev/null
    then
    killall hyperiond
    curl -v -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-type: application/json" -X POST -d '{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"GUI.ShowNotification","params":{"title":"Hyperion","message":"Disabled","image":"/storage/hyperion/hyperion.png"}}' http://192.168.178.57:8080/jsonrpc
    else
    /storage/.kodi/addons/service.hyperion/bin/hyperiond /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.hyperion/hyperion.config.json</dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1 &
    curl -v -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-type: application/json" -X POST -d '{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"GUI.ShowNotification","params":{"title":"Hyperion","message":"Enabled","image":"/storage/hyperion/hyperion.png"}}' http://192.168.178.57:8080/jsonrpc
    fi