Beiträge von MrBramme

the clock was lowest on my todo list since I have a digital clock right beneath my tv and a large analog one on the wall nextto tv :) but it sounds nice. I'll track down the existing scrits first. thanks for the pointer!

Well, once i've been able to capture the ambient audio (was indeed planning on using an esp) i'll let you know!

I had parked this for a little bit while I focussed on another project. but I've picked it back up today. I've been able to successfully set the colors of the individual leds using python code on another raspberry pi.
    Need to do some more experimenting, with regards to speed and then clean out my code.
    my plan isn't to capture audio from Kodi, but to listen to the surrounds on an Arduino (could be tv, could be my kids, could be anything), and have my leds go bonkers on that :) but then again, I'm testing with python right now and not c++ ;)

if you're interested, I don't mind sharing my code after I've cleaned it out a bit.

My mind is going nuts with applications of this new-found knowledge: a clock-like effect (though precise time won't be an option), effects when the door bell rings, a reminder at a specific time, .... oh boy .... :)

Hi,
    Thanks, This is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish: let esp8266 talk to my hyperion instance and color the leds as i wish :)
    I'm a bit confused on how to implement this exactly?

I've seen (I can't check now, not at my home network) 2 UDP effects in the hyperion remote (ios), that's where i've started my search for more info.

Do you happen to have a link to some github repo's or code etc that I might be able to take a peek at? I'm just not too sure on how I can feed the raw led data to hyperion.

One of my idea's is listening to sounds in my living room, ..., and based on some logic visualise that sound using hyperion.

Hi guys,

I’ve got my hyperion ambilight setup perfectly (my setup runs on a raspberry pi à serial to arduino uno à leds), but I’m currently looking into the UDP effect. However, I cannot find any examples on how to use this effect. I see a lot of potential for this effect, just need to find one example to get me going.

Regards

thanks for the reply. I'm planning on making a sort of bar to place the led's on in my local fablab tonight :)
    Considering how my tv is mounted on the wall what a swivel (or how do you call it ... it can turn left and right), i'm probably going for about 30° tops to compensate for this angle compared to the wall :)

Hi,

I’m currently setting up my first hyperion system. I’m just curious what would be most advisable:

• Leds pointing backwards: aka Sticking the leds on the back of my tv
    • Leds pointing outwards: aka a 90 degree angle so the leds face away from the center of my tv
    • Something in between (I’m currently leaning to trying this one): make a sort of brace at a 25 – 30 degree angle so my leds don’t shine outwards entirely, but not backwards either.

Anyone ever experiment with this?