Beiträge von Boo

An update on this - I decided to do a fresh/clean install of KODI and Hyperion and everything is now working OK.
    I guess I had a corrupt Kodi installation - possibly through the use of an unstable development build at some stage...?
    Anyway, just thought I'd report everything A-OK now.

I have followed the installation directions carefully (on the DOWNLOAD link). Specificaly, I have installed/run HyperCon.jar, removed the previous hyperion installation - checked that the /storage/hyperion directory is gone via ssh (it is). Then I did a HyperCon "install/update. That created the /storage/hyperion directory. I copied over the old config file - but in any case the following error happens independent of that... when I try to manually run the hyperion-remote script I get my original problem - that is, can't find the libfontconfig.so library file. I also can't find this anywhere on my OpenELEC/kodi

OpenELEC:~/hyperion/bin # /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-remote.sh --priority 50 --color red --duration 5000

/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-remote: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I really need help on this - I think I am doing the installation correctly, according to the instructions here.
    But I seem to not have a library file that is needed/expected. I don't know how to fix this.

Hi All. I had a Hyperion installation on Kodi running on Raspberry Pi which was working beautifully for a year or so. After a Kodi update, it stopped. I have done a bit of diagnosis (ssh into pi/openelec, and run hyperion script) and see the following...

OpenELEC:~/hyperion/bin # ./hyperion-remote.sh --priority 50 --color red --duration 5000

/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-remote: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So it looks to me like hyperion requires libfontconfig library, but it is not present in this version of Kodi.
    It seems OpenELEC/Kodi is locked down and doesn't allow installation of libraries - no sudo, no apt-get...
    Could anyone help me out with this issue? Do I need to update Hyperion and if so will this fix the issue?

I tried to find my Hyperion version - I see 'hyperion-v412' in the hyperion directory.

Thanks
    A