Beiträge von mattress

Hey guys!

I have a raspberry pi running latest Hyperbian, using apa102 light strip. (0.0 /dev/spidev0.0)

I want to add a second section of the same type of LED strip, but different length.

I want to use the same video input as the first LED strip, I just want to light up another, different sized area in the same way.

• Could I do this using 1 raspberry pi?
    • Could I do this with 1 instance of hyperion, or would I have to create a second hyperion server on the same PI? (while making sure ports don't overlap, etc)
    • if so, would i use different GPIO pins for the 2nd led strip? would this be (0.1 /dev/spidev0.1) ?

Hi and thank you so much for your help and time with my project, pclin !

I truly do appreciate it.

I thought I replied with a detailed post on 2/4 including logs and screen recordings converted to GIF, etc, but I'm not sure what happened to it I don't see it here anymore.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I am understanding correctly or not, because I think I am already doing what you are suggesting?

I have 1 instance of the latest release of hyperion (2.0.16 from 1/18/24) running on my Pi over network @ 192.168.1.11:

NB8I75i.png

using the latest release of HyperionScreenCap from:

Releases · sabaatworld/HyperionScreenCap
    Screen capture program for Hyperion ambilight. Updated to support DirectX 11, multiple displays and multiple Hyperion servers. - sabaatworld/HyperionScreenCap
    github.com

Here is my monitor configuration:

UnKSdAi.png

Here is screen cap config:

QDHBn4d.png

individual monitor configs:

monitor 1:

idt8fBS.png

monitor 0:

m2bwM9p.png

Windows Screencap software is connecting, and transmitting 2 separate streams

Hyperion server is receiving those streams, but interpolating them together, instead of side by side

here is my live view:

MP4 screen recording hyperion live view interpolating

DASHBOARD view interpolating between dual monitors

My hyperion server will process just 1 stream at a time just fine, if I disable one or the other.

Hey pclin, I've finally made it back to my PC.

I have verified I am using the latest version of the distro of the windows screen cap software you lin

Here is my ACTUAL config, could you help me understand what I might be doing wrong please?

here is an example of what my hyperion server (raspi pi) is receiving from my windows frame grabber. you can see the 2 displays are almost "z-fighting". I am dragging a window around on my left display.

https://i.imgur.com/ONarnyH.mp4

Thank you so much for your reply pclin ! <3

I believe this is the fork I am using, maybe I am configuring it incorrectly.

When I try to add both monitors, the pi tries to combine the feeds in alternating frames, instead of the monitors being side by side.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong....

I'm at work, and not with my PC. I know I should wait to reply, but I won't be near the PC for a while.

I've made a crude mockup of what I remember my settings looking like. let me know if if I've done this incorrectly...sw1g9IT.png

Hey everyone! Trying to get a new Hyperion setup going!

I have a windows PC with dual monitors.

I have installed the Windows Frame Grabber/screen capture

I am using flatbuffer and/or protobuffer to connect over wifi to raspberry pi. (I have an extra, I do not have an arduino)

I have a raspberry pi with raspbian installed and setup with LEDS and all is functioning correctly.

my problem is hyperion on the pi will only receive one monitor or the other. (using live preview confirms)

If I enable BOTH displays in the windows screen capture, hyperion on the PI receives both monitors' information, but flickers between the 2 displays. (like frame 1 is monitor 1, frame 2 is monitor 2, frame 3 is monitor 1, frame 4 is monitor 2, etc)

I noticed in the actual HYPERION program on the PC, i can select "QT" and "ALL DISPLAYS", is there a way to send that information to the raspberry PI hyperion to drive the LEDs?

is there any way to accomplish what I'm trying to do? :?:

Probably the 15 ft cable that is not 18 Gbps according to the description, and if it works with lower resolution that is another indication.

regards pclin

Do you think this would work:

Looking for thin cable to run through moldings

I have something like this too, do they actually do anything?

MyCableMart HDMI-HDMI Male to Female 5v Power Injector Adapter Cable via USB

Have a gremlin I can’t figure out.

Setup:

Nvidia shield —> Samsung q90r sound bar —>

hdmi splitter —> LG UJ6470

^—> capture card/raspPI

Splitter:

15 ft hdmi cable from shield to sound bar:

All other HDMI cables:

I’m using the Nvidia shield remote control to power on the shield, the tv via ir, and sound bar via ir.

All CEC options on all devices disabled.

Occasionally, when I press the power button on the remote to turn the system on, the TV will act like it’s not getting a signal, however the capture card / rasp Pi / Hyperion and LEDs all are working as intended. When this happens, the only way I can figure out to fix the no signal is to pull the power plug on the tv and plug it back in, then everything works as intended. The length of time that the system is off doesn’t seem to matter.

The Nvidia shield output is 4k@59hz

If I set output of the shield to 1080, I don’t get the issues.

Could it be the sequence of devices powering up?? Not quite sure what’s going on.

Thank you for any insight!

Thank you so much for all the feedback guys. This is all very useful information here. I am running the latest RaspberryOS and the latest Hyperion.NG

All the garbage from eBay and Amazon was counterfeit/different chipset than advertised, and ended up ultimately being my problem. The HDMI grabber I ordered from a link in this thread did the trick. Also the LEDs linked in this thread are a much much much higher quality than what I got from eBay.
    With COVID stuff going on, shipping from China takes forever. So after a couple of months, I’m finally a successful Hyperion user.

tl;dr The entire time I’m watching, my mouth is hanging open in awe. Do you guys have that problem?? :omg::omg::omg::omg:

Hey guys .... I'm at my whits end.

I've ordered several of the USB capture device that is linked all over the place, I've ordered one from eBay, and I've ordered 5 different ones from amazon. They all literally show up as the same device, lsusb: "534d:0021"

Some have UTVF007 on their chip, others are counterfeit, or have different chipsets. None have worked.

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3, I've tried RasPlex, LibreElec, OSMC, RaspberryOS, etc ... nothing changes between the OS's.

I have max_usb_current=1 set in boot.txt

I also seem to be fighting with a faulty APA102 LED strip .... everything seems to point to the first LED being bad or something, I have to experiment more with them.