Beiträge von KelKelKel

Interesting I Just replaced a power supply with this one, because all I could get out of it was reds... and now this.

I had trouble finding one with the right amperage locally, so I found a used one and spliced the wires.
    Figured since I had actual color I was good to go.. but yes, blues and purples are barely noticable on the 'rainbow swirl' effect so that makes sense.

I'm going to order new adapter.

Hey there.

I'm having a funny issue with my install of Hyperion,
    I've been using the standard RGB Sequence video to check that all positioning of lights and whatnot is okay.. and I've noticed that white, makes the lights show bright orange rather than white...

Not really sure why, as I've been using the same config for a while, and all was fine.

I did flash my nano ( this is an old, ambiledHD kit ) with the file I'll attach below.
    IF anyone has any tips, I appreciate them... I'm so close to finally having this running perfect after so much, so much screwing around ( ambiled is out of business I guess )

Okay so testing the adapter at my office indicates that the replacement adapter I bought to replace the shitty one at home... is junk and puts out no power at all :|

I'll buy a high end one on friday and I think I'll be good to go from here:) thanks for all your help.

Yes, everything is working exactly how it should be, however light output is very dim and red... but does correspond to whats showing on the screen,

I am taking my power adapter to work to test it with a volt meter, as I imagine it's not putting out 5v .. all the "dim red flickering" threads seem to lead to that conclusion.

sketch_arduino_2.txt is the sketch I used, and is indeed on the nano...

However I'm going to assume that because I get light, and it lights in the right areas now, but has no Green or Blue channel, that it's a power thing.

I'll report back after testing my adapter..

Hey.
    Yeah it's all wired up properly, and indeed was uploading to the Nano board.... I was concerned the file needed to be named a certain way to be considered active or whatever, but I read about that's not the case... so I'm good.

I've installed hyperion and it's working... and lighting the lights now, just really really dim and only seems to be variants of red.

I am going to retry both of those sketch files again today, now that i'm actually getting some signs of life out of the thing.
    I really need a volt meter, I have a feeling these cheap 5v adapters are garbage.

I also switched to LibreElec, as OSMC has been just a pain, can't even seem to install it now.

LibreElec is working beautifully :)

Does this sketch file require a certain name ( sorry, I'm new to screwing around this deep with things )

as upload and complie works fine and I get success, and seems both files, produce light... however I'm starting to wonder if I have a different problem, because my light strand only produces a DIM red light on start up...

I'm so completely annoyed with this whole thing right now...