Beiträge von Ambientheater77

so here the longwaited inside story of the relaisbox,

• dinrail 6 ports fuseholder
    • 4 channel relaisboard (1)
    • 4 channel relaisboard (2)
    • voltage/ampére meter digital in front
    • Basetech grabber device> build in but green led is front visible
    • HDMI>AV converter
    • raspberry PI black ( runs Hyperion.NG)
    • raspberry PI white ( runs whatever i want, for now its a Retropie)
    • ATX 35Amps 5 volts (12 volts and more) PSU
    • Fan 120mm runs on 5 volts> noisereduction and cooling :D

relaisboard toggle
    channel
    1 Mains power ON ATX PSU
    2 Grabber USB port reset ( if nessecary)
    3 RaspberryPI black power ON
    4 RaspberryPI white power ON
    5 LEDstrip main power +5volts
    6 Cabinet of trofees, lights up on 12volts
    7 Shutdownscript on GPIO3 ( on relais)
    8 TVip module power ON/reset

everything is fused, i can run also separately all kinds off devices connected to the relaisboards :thumbup:

so to @AmbiMod , :sick::confused::whistle:;)

so yes you can do that, use the Pi camera in Hyperion.NG> the question is do you really want that.

• max resolution 720P any higher delays core/arm speed of the PI
    • delay in leds, direct usb HDMI input/PROTOport 19445 is ( i think) always faster/better
    • camera angle should be perfect to tv, and stay that way right in front.
    • refreshrate of tv lines is vissible with camera in live feed of Hyperion > so also in leds

i read the tutorial and boy boy, hats off and again for crazy Ambimod > however i understand the setup and coding ( very good explained) i would say its certainly not for noobs to do this.
    I had a camera setup myself before on Hyperion.NG > just connected a 720P webcam into Raspi usb port and see what happens and start testing... the result of that was not very good, i tried several days trying to get a good image out of the camera into live feed of hyperion. . Things i mentioned above.

so if you are going to do this @fice then also hats off to you ( and make it work) because i see litterally hours and hours of work.

goodluck!

You say the default is 1000000 but my default when I set mine up is 3000000?

I’m having the same issue with the flickering and can’t find a solution. Which is driving me mad.

What was the baudrate?

the baudrate for SPI port is not a fixt setting, but i know in default in Hyperion.NG ( Béta ) its 100Mhz/1000000Hz
    Make sure its not faster running then default clock speed of 400 MHz for Raspi3 , 250Mhz for Raspi1/2 ( Raspi 4 may go even higher)

So you can run it at 300Mhz, its your preference and what your ledstrip can handle/ how Hyperion in WebUI is set completely.
    Between the 100/400 ( or higher even) you can "play" with the SPI port speed.

I have it set on my system on 175Mhz SPI0 >> ledstrip APA102 directly connected with GPIO's ( no electronics further needed)

note; flickering of leds is sometimes a PSU that can't handle the job or a grounding issue between devices.
    goodluck.

4 x 60 = 240 leds x 0.049 milliamps = 11,76 Amps at full brightness of leds, so maximum draw of current for leds

+ 2.4 amps of raspberry
    = 14,2 Amps.

Or almost 75 Watt on 5 volts

So for something extra power go for 100watts / 20 Amps PSU

Yes that is correct,

Again, PSU is mostly explained in Watts.
    So it's a calculation of Amps x voltage = total consumption power

if I choose for now a led strip 30leds per meter ( to see how it goes the lights on the wall) I don’t have a issue with a PSU 5V 20A? The led strip don’t burn? Because if I will sucess with this I will change for 60leds per meter

thanks

No, you can have a PSU on 5 volts that's capable of delivering 2/3/4 times the Amps that you need.

Current is only being drawed out of the PSU when its "asked" by the device. Especially for low voltage setups that doesn't matter at all, like 5 and 12volt setups.
    For instance I use a 5volts 175Watt or 35Amps PSU (Atx psu of computer) for my setup.

I will start with a 30 leds per meter to start
    For the psu i have a doubt between chose a 5V 10A or 5V 20A because in the futur I pretend use a 60leds per meter so I need more ampers (I think)

Correct, go for the 20A 100watt PSU then when exceeding 3 meter of striptype 60l/mtr

When you can make a choice there then 75watts /15 Amps is okay already. It depends on what you want and how big your setup is going to be

think @jeroen warmerdam might be the best person to verify if the LEDS will be happy with the 5.3v or its a touch on the high side, but yeah good luck with it :thumbup:

the answer is yes, filipe probably killed the ledstrip.

better is to feed until 4,9 volts under load. Also adjusting PSU"s voltage with potentiometer is the way to go.
    this solid powerlines are used by much but to use it for a ledstrip then you have to know that output is not ever exceeding 5 volts, also rectifiers build-in is not really high quality most of the times.
    i say it always and repeat; especially for smd electronics a steady/clean/protected DC with absolutely no rimple (AC current over DC) is lifeimportant

https://learn.adafruit.com/digital-led-strip/power

Hallo Ronald,

Berekenen van de PSU doe ik zo; 0,049 x aantal leds, dus komt bij jou uit op 270 leds x 0,049 Ampere = 13.23 Ampere
    omgerekend 66 Watt op 5 volt. >> dit trekken al je leds alleen maar op max brightness dus lang niet altijd

overcapaciteit is niet erg dus als je voor een 75Watt PSU gaat zit je meer dan goed. 90 Watt is een beetje overdreven.
    als je de Raspi los gaat voeden vergeet niet om minstens 2 GND pinnen naar je PSU GND te leggen > die van bv 75 Watt
    Voor je voeding ( PSU) ga voor een Meanwell en geen stekkertrafo's :notworthy:

Je ledstrip kan je aan de Data IN en UIt voeden, dus aan het begin en aan het eind, dan hoef je niet met aparte strengen te werken en aparte PSU's
    ga je deze doorknippen op de hoeken bv dan kan je nog steeds dezelfde ( eenzelfde) voeding gebruiken alleen moet je dan solderen.

voor de link, https://nl.aliexpress.com/item…b201602_,searchweb201603_

Btw, choose ws2812b is not a good idea, ws2813, sk6812 rgb or even RGBW are much better.

i keep my APA102's , and i was never really impressed with others showing their ws2812b setups.
    see my video, much better than this its not going to be with every other ledstrip there is.

so my motto is still, when its not broken and working well why trying to fix.
    goodluck with your blog.

For SPI i used spidev0.0 and spide1.0. and for the other PWM ledstrip i use ws281x for each one.

Very pratical if you want to do put MutltiZone LEDstrip under the TV.

:picture: now i see why you did this, you know that you also can invert the ledstrip and stick it under your TV and connect in parallel with same type of ledstrip. ( switch around datadirection) on ws2812b
    one instance needed then, its just a thought :thumbup:

But yes, if someone want to put a ledstrip in parallel for the bottom side, it's easiest to do like that.

thats not why i used it like that, i wanted to have the same pattern in horizontal and parallel in my christmass star. The ledstrip was ws2801 on SPI0 on 1 instance

What I need help with is getting the camera to work and telling hyperion to process that image

good question, i think its a stream coming into the PI so maybe on Dispmanx setting ( thats grabbing the desktop of the PI ) or trough network?
    you can't see any video out of this camera (in Hyperion.NG) without a monitor connected to your Raspi HDMI.

so with SSH or VNC its impossible to get an image out of your camera
    i have no idea if Hyperion.NG supports a setting to grab this camera stream,
    maybe it does but you have to wait for Admin/developer because i never saw your setup and what you want to do here on this forum .

goodluck. :thumbup: