Beiträge von Ambientheater77

@jeroen warmerdam You don't have Washed colours when you send HDR ?

yes i have, when watching 4K content then colours is washed out/ not accurate.

we know what that is ofcourse, Hyperion.NG can not handle HDR info > something i have to get into later on.
    Maybe i try the fork of Awawa Hyper HDR on my second PI but for now i am okay with it > my original installation is going to stay
    i am not going to butcher that.

Maybe i look into filtering it out with splitters and such, 2 splitters in series someone here had was filtering out the HDR to Hyperion.NG
    we see.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

just see, if i touch the data cable and the tv frame the flicker stops o_O

so its a grounding problem >> follow my advice and use at least 2 GND pins from Raspi to LV gnd input.
    then connect all other grounds from HV output gnd to GND ledstrip/PSU and your problems are over

remove the connection LV to HV GND wire :biggrin:

132 leds use up maximum 6,5 Amps on 5 volts on full brightness.
    So PSU should be strong enough to power Raspi/grabber/Leds/and levelshifter

remove the R470 from the setup, i have a feeling it causes a delay on dataline because you are using a levelshifter already you dont need that anymore. Also remove/dont use a capacitor and test again with schematics exact like the one of TP modding page 2 (1 PSU setup)

In the levelshifter i think it doesnt matter if i use LV1, 2, 3 or 4.
    the LV and HV grounds are connected together

setup your PSU to 5 volts max ( with dial) a beep is not good maybe its running at max capacity or something? shortcut somewhere?
    a Raspi likes more then one PIN to GND so if i was you i connect at least 2 GND pins from the Raspi to your PSU

don't connect LV and HV grounds together but follow my schematics on page 3
    indeed it doesn't matter what input you use :thumbup:

i don't know this type of ledstrip but every type has his/hers own characteristics in colours/hue/gamma/busspeed/brigtness and so on.

see>> https://hyperion-project.org/t…which-led-is-the-best.35/

so its possible the ledstrip isn't capable of displaying that soft colours, or not i don't know that.
    I do know that when i shifted towards the APA102 with same hardware/software the colours are much more vibrant and actual instead of my Ws2801 which had more hard colours like RGB but in soft colours they suck. :LOL::LOL:

white and lightblue where blue on ws2801 ( if you search on it then you'll find out, which i didn't)
    with same setup on APA102 all whites/pinks/Lblue/purple are really accurate.

so the APA102 you mentioned, I take it you run them from 2 board SPI pins or would another Ardruino be better? are level shifter or any other parts required?

No it's a minimalistic setup. ;)

It runs directly on 2 board GPIO SPI 10/11 without any arduino or logic level shifter.

Remember I only run 130 leds, with my former setup on ws2801 it was 96 leds, so that's the reason for me not needing "boost" the SPI signal. If it runs like this then it's okay, less electronics is always better then a lot, so when it doesn't run then we are talking about Arduino and level shifters :eek::classy:
    Also I run a Pi3b overclocked with his only purpose Hyperion.NG
    Other builds here use a minimalistic OS like LibreElec for the lights to give kodi a chance :D
    I use Raspbian Debian Buster full with all options including VNC viewer, which is very handy to alter the PI3b without having to connect keyboard/mouse to it and still have the GUI desktop fully vissible of the Raspi.

baudrate should be 150000 to 1750000, '
    '
    i think setting is too high, leds can not reset that fast > in default Hyperion.NG its 1000000 so you are quite high.

I f you are going to set bus speed too high then leds can not refresh in time anymore, it depends also on specifications of the leds but in a ballpark 1500000 should be fine.

mine version has possibillity to also set latchtime and refreshtime of the leds.

sometimes hardware just doesn't want to do it, the GPIO you are using is for PWM that is really diffrent than SPI.
    i have a tool for testing your SPI 0 device on GPIO MOSI to MISO but you can't use that for PWM GPIO thus its only one PIN going data OUT.

so indeed it looks like all systems is running/ rightfull connected but still no lights.
    then i suspect the ledstrip, they are very sensitive / sometimes bad builds or cheap knock offs are the cause of no firing at all.
    most people want to have the cheapiest lights possible because they are invested in this setup so much... thats why things go wrong sometimes and they purchase a bad or lesser strip to even out the costs. The vendors are not all selling the same, buy from BTF and you know that you have a good realible quality strip.
    A strip for 15 euro, strand of 200 lights cannot be a high quality, its that simple.

i also don't understand why everybody is going for the ws2812b ledstrip ( 3 lines) when a 4 line type like ws2801 or APA102 is much more fluently and capable of calculating the colours much better. Maybe its a personal preference who knows, or its in the Youtube video's....

goodluck with your new ledstrip ;)

Its LibreELEC @jeroen warmerdam it is a linux distro but stripped back, bare minimum o/s to run Kodi and to keep footprint small, there is no package manager - apt is not installed, any packages required usually need to be compiled or installed in form of a kodi addon, LibreELEC do provide a lot of default packages bundled together for the Pi tho https://libreelec.wiki/installation/add-ons but im nearly 90% certain adding the SPI line to the config is enough to get the GPIO going, but maybe not and you could very well have solved his problem.

thanks mate, now i understand much more why things can not happen on this OS :thumbup:

i played with it before with this OS, but KODI didn't show any movies although it was the same build ( krypton) i believe than i had on my pc.

so after a few days played with it ( movies just weren't going to run) but the same kodi in my pc performed beautifully! then i decided quits :singing:

I should mention that the setup I had on the Pi3 was with the old hyperion using hypercon, not hyperion.ng and the web ui.

thats totally diffrent > you have now diffrent hardware and software so its a new installation >>> so we begin from the start.

did you update the whole library to make the GPIO's work?

if not then

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    sudo apt-get install libraspberrypi-dev

good topic!

remember that type of led's make a huge diffrence in total draw of Amps.
    i think you have good and bad quality ledstrips, they promise good light quality but in reality they don't deliver. .
    also you have diffrent type of SMD 5050 in ledstrips, some are cheap and some are much better.
    thats also the reason that the price will differ for >>> APA102 and SK9822 is they lower fabrication costs of electronics.
    see here why some ledstrips pull much more amps than others!
    https://cpldcpu.wordpress.com/…s%20in%20a%20lower%20cost.

colour and quality of colour has a lot to do with bitstream over datalines, also a good clean powerfull PSU is life important.

with simple calculation that every 5050 SMD led uses up in full brightness ( all colours/rainbow) like 0.049 Amps
    or 50 milliamps each led.
    thats only with good/expensive and durable ledstrip types