Beiträge von Ambientheater77

I don't think it does, but bit extreme to only offer it on the 8 port and specifically only port 1.

How long did delivery take?

its on the website;

PACAGE CONTENTS

1X2 HDMI Splitter 61121 *1

Power supply *1

Manual *1

1m HDMI 2.0 cable 28AWG *1 (gift)

1.5m HDMI 2.0 cable 28AWG *1 (gift)

2m HDMI 2.0 cable 28AWG *1 (gift)

delivery (with T&Trace) did take little more then a week, you have also customs which delay the delivery to your door.

Does the Xolorspace HDMI splitter support CEC passthrough? So if I turned on a device eg Chromecast, will it automatically turn the tv on or off?

FEATURES
    Support HDMI 2.0, HDCP2.2
    Support 3D video format
    Support high resolution up to 3840X2160/60HZ
    Support the max baud rate of 18Gbps and TMDS clock can be up to 600 MHz
    Support 8/10/12 bit deep color
    Support audio format: DTS-HD/Dolby-trueHD/DTS/Dolby-AC3/DSD
    Support AWG26 HDMI standard cable
    Support serial port online upgrade
    Support EDID management
    5V/2A power adapter

i dont think it supports, can not find it in specs

I have and continues to do the same jeroen. :(
    I have connected the power cable to the grabber to the raspberry. Is this correct? or I have to connect it to a mobile charger for example

grabber gets his power out of raspi USB port, raspi gets his power from PSU
    put in extra lines, put all the lines there

arm_freq=900 change the line you already have and option out # then put the lines there below, also USB line >> arm is now 700 which is slow
    force_turbo=1

then, set input device not automatic but to /dev/video0
    set frames a second to 15 frames
    resolution 1280x720

then save and let me know what happens because Hyperion detects your USB grabber so thats okay

The LEDs light up according to the color of the screen. But I don't know why in source the grabber turns off and on and this causes the LEDs to turn off.

Im crazy with this. Please help :(

i would increase your USB port power,

go to config.txt ( you can do that direct via terminal or indirect on SD card) and put in a line, then save

max_usb_current=1

important (NO #) before the line!

I know exactly what you mean, when I had the ws2801 leds it took a longer time to detect blacks" in a frame. So indeed after 2 till 3 seconds with 14/9 display broadcast on a smart tv 16/9 you had two black bars (which can be be also in 4/3 broadcasts!

I have now the APA102 and this goes a lot better with barely 1 sec of delay .
    You have to alter this with black bar detection and RGB ttesholds see my settings for this in another topic from today. :)

Hello.

I would recommend to use your 100watt PSU on everything, I looked at all your pictures and see you use a separate 5volts USB connector for powering your raspi4. Which isn't necessary. So make them one, or use the 50watts psu separate for the pi only, then ground everything together (use more ground pins on the PI 》》》 and very important!! Apply +5volts and gnd to BOTH sides of your ledstrip... and measure after that with your multimeter the voltage out of PSU 》》 not more then 5 volts dc under load. Your ledstrip should draw about 12,5 Amps with full brightness so there's still enough power for the USB port and pi.

First try measure and do this steps before you go on. Basics has to be good. Your connection overall is okay, not really clean but technically correct :classy:

Congrats with your build .

You can alter size decimation at setting 3 or 4 , at menu usb grabber

You can also increase the arm on your PI for more power and thus will run a little smoother.
    Go to config.txt and ad a line, the lines without [] is in my text

Also you can check delay of grabbed image in your tv display on WebUi

There was also the dreaded rainbow no signal issue

Yes i know about that, it happens when in this case your HDMI2AV converter doesn't see videoactivity on HDMI channel. Then you see this rainbow, its not coming out of your grab device. The rainbow is only showing when something happens in video transmitting like defect or not working correct ( cheap) Amazon or Aliexpress splitters. Believe me i had some setups/Hyperion.NG type and splitters tested.

your other question; i am saying that you will come to a result with HDMI/USB grabbers but it will probably not be to your whole liking as before. Thats why i decided to do it the "analog" way and use 2 devices for rendering on the PI. My mate has also a setup with APA102 lights but he uses ( i experimented with that too) a HDMI grabber, his colours are pale in comparison to mine and what he tries and tries he doesn't come to the same endresult.

so i am saying that if you want some high quality image, dont go for a cheap(er) sollution (HDMI grabber for 15$ or less...) but invest some more on your build

goodluck man.

Before I had an HDMI2AV converter (Composite I think, the one with the yellow) to a SD grabber.

Why did you switch :whistle:

Just go back to that, most HDMI/USB grabbed images is 720p with delay and high decimation, reason of that is that videocore is small and not powerful, and usb ports can only deliver 500ma maximum after this happens the PI is getting slow...

You never get a smooth clear picture that is the same quality then out of a self powered HDMI to RCA converter to composite USB grabber.

Decimation to 18 is pale colours in hyperion..

Look at my link Xolorspace for specs.

Hyperion.ng and watching tv possible together or the one or the other.

With other words, invest in a good splitter. With this one 4k and 1080p output works independently. So the woman is happy again when you are busy with Hyperion.ng setup, no more fallout of tv !

;)

Now I want to configure it for the ambilight of the tv 65 '' what i need more hardware?

you need a grabber and a ledframe or stick the leds onto the tv

u can use a HDMI grabber ( maximum of 1080p) into the raspi on USB
    or u can use a RCA grabber on USB and HDMI signal to HDMI/RCA converter

there's a lot of this on this forum, look at builds of other members/topics

goodluck!