Beiträge von Ambientheater77

Thanks for the notes - I changed the hdmi/av convertor for the correct one (silly me.... )
    don't need the WLAN dongle?

Can't I simply solder to the io's on the GPIO board?

About this product

Product Information
    This Raspberry Pi Zero combines compactness with power and efficiency. It supports SD card storage and features Raspian operating system for effective and responsive performance. It is equipped with a Broadcom bcm2835 processor with a processor speed of 1GHz which is paired with 512MB memory. Connectivity hardware includes Micro-HDMI and HDMI with features including built-in wi-fi and Bluetooth adapters. For graphics processing, the Raspberry Pi is equipped with a dual-core Videocore IV GPU.

yes ofcource its a preference in what you want :)

hello,

wifi and bluetooth they are build in in the PI zero W

USB wifi WLAN - https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2020-M...pter-802-11-Dongle-RTL8188-lapto/143202387869 [don't need]

this one is not the correct type; HDMI 2 AV - https://www.ebay.com/itm/RCA-to-HDM...o-Adapter-720p-1080p-Full-HD-NEW/284118849011
    it converts AV to HDMI and its soldout :)

the PSU https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078DFP2Q7?tag=hyperioforum-21&smid=A2231Y3TO3624O&psc=1
    i would go for a Meanwell powersource they are a little less cheap ( steady PSU is really important for the whole setup)

you need also connectors for the solderstrips of the PI

you can calculate power , how much leds?

lets say 200 leds so, 200 x 0,048A = 9,6A

the clicking of your PSU is protection against shortcutting probably, your grabber can also be responsible for a strange voltage thus its connected to electronics.
    also test without the grabber to rule out wrong connections

what i would do, go to webUI localip:8090 and turn of the dispmanx and usbgrabber and then check again.
    you can increase setting of SPI to 1500000

it looks like the leds are displaying static noise on the dispmanx video input of hyperion.

if thats doesn;t help then connect GND from and to your PI from PSU
    stabilize your grounds (GND -) because you are using 2 different PSU

very nice mate, also does the frame act as a diffuser as well or is it just to block and redirect the light to where you want on the wall?

yeah true on the settings, everyone will have different values depending on the setup.

:thumbup:

the frame is mounted on the back of the tv, its purpose is too hold the ledstrip and shines the lights up down left and right from the tv.
    the picture is from the backpanel of the tv, where the frame is mounted on.

The frame is also a little smaller in scale so you can't see any lights directly from an viewangle
    tle ledstrip is sticked with his own adhesive tape to the frame, in this way i didn't had too cut the ledstrip at the corners/ can make a fluently corner which makes sure there's also lights where the bend is.

most setups from frames are placed ON the tv backplate so the lights shines to the wall, my frame is made that the lights shine along the wall.
    with my setup the distance from lights to wall is shorter because most setups and frames have a longer distance from frame to wall and ledstrips are placed on the back and not on the sides like mine

i hope this helps :)

very nice Jeroen :biggrin:

be nice if someone threw a quick guide together on where to start :roflmao:

Im at the stage where my wall has more colour at times than the TV

sure i can do that but every setup is different and need alternate calibrations to get the desired effect out of the Ambilight.
    but ofcourse i could make a basic guideline howto get the best result possible.

if i have time then you are the first on my mind :thumbup:

this is the frame i made out of pvc > 16 and 19mm This makes it possible to adjust the angle of shadow that leds will provide.
    I decided to put the leds not to the wall but shining by the wall, the angle of the leds is big enough for that and this is a nice sollution when your tv hangs on the wall with not really much space to spare from your tv mount and the wall.
    The frame is sticked on the TV with special adhesive that doesn't leave damage/residue after you remove it.
    i bend the frame into the arches of the tv, in that way the leds is everywhere even distance.

Leds have a light angle of 120 degrees so thats more enough to "play" with the angle/adjustment :)
    i must say i am very happy with this frame because the first frame i made didn't have the angle adjusting option.
    So maybe you get ideas ! :)

Hello,
    Apologies for delayed reply. I am no longer having this issue. I decided to try a fresh install of hyperion on another micro SD card, had issues with that, popped the original sd card back in and bam it worked! Any ideas why this happened and how popping out the sd and re-inserting could resolve the issue? Thank you.

Once, 2 years ago I smoked a SD card by inserting it in the PI.
    Literally smoke came out and I pull out fast the SD card of 32 GB.

I thought the card was still okay and burnt down the PI , but tested it in second Pi and didn't do anything anymore...

I wrote a new image on new card and old PI was fine !!
    Computer store didn't believe me that the card smoked.
    So there you go :classy:

I dont know what is the problem with STK1160 but it can be the card itself inside, chip coming loose / have to solder it, gets too hot or whatever. ;)

I mean software doesn't change on her own so mostly when these thing happen is my experience that hardware is faulty or just faulty enough to have sometimes problems and other times it works. Especially when it worked before on Hyperion.ng

The capture card is set at my friend no mistaken 1080p in Hyperion.ng 2.09 Alpha
    And you quote that the hdmi cards promise 1080p but in fact never go higher then 720p.
    I have to say that my AV grabber receives 1080p from the converter but output is 720p . These are analog and not digital. Maybe the problem is the hdmi capture cards have to do too much to run on the power supply from usb and port cant deliver that high and card scales down. Who knows.

Backlight treshold setting will help maybe and/or rgb threshold colour settings if you run Dispmanx and USB grabber in separate instance

Alot of the grabbers have this rainbow feature, it's a visible check to see it's working but doesn't receive a hdmi/video signal. You can alter this in menu signal detection but no guarantees here

I know the web interface. I made all the setups there. But I did not find a live view. If I change somethin in Image processing/Color channel adjustments, I have to save it all the time. there is no realtime view. That is what I miss

haha its there guy, in right upper corner of webUI there's a square> press it to go to LED visualisation.
    you see the Hyperion logo on the left, but then right corner.

most of changes that you make in settings are vissible in led visualisation, this only displays the image Hyperion receives from the grabber and maybe extra settings in configuration that you made

goodluck man.

Hi,
    I have to finetune my APA 102 as well. Partly because of my golden wall.
    The Hyperion App at my mobile let me play around with the effekts but not with RGB,GAMA ect.
    How do you make the calibration. I missed as well the funktionality of the old Hypercon.jar at the webinterface,
    where I can see live changes of the values. Thx !

what Vig said;

go to localIP:8090 >> thats ip adres of your raspi with port 8090

in this webUI you can do all the settings in Hyperion.NG

yours looks awesome!! I like how your leds look almost like the picture quality. (better than my "blurry" edges. What resolution do you have your leds set to in Hyperion? I have mine set to 720x480. Anything higher and the motion was slightly off. My videos below aren't the best. it looks a lot better in person, but I am having instances where I need to reboot my RasPi and splitter or else the colors are monotone mostly.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I don't have that setting because i run hyperion.NG Béta 1.00 > its automatic/ you can't set but my converter streams a 1080p video to the grabber for the highest quality but grabber itself is capable of maximum of 720p I think that, the higher the input grabber quality is the most beautiful the colours will be on the LEDs. :)
    Maybe I will get an other one ready for 4k but I will see haha

if motion is a little off, check settings

decimation
    resolution
    PAL setting
    raise the arm setting on the raspi, this setting will increase CPU clock speed (overclock )
    make sure that in your USB caption you have NO black borders, every black line that you haven't cropped there will result in pale colours or no colour at all

and thanks , i did my best :)

hello guys,

hereby my setup, i made this at home last year 2019 and did two things

making the frame and install the electronic stuff into a switchbox.
    i hope you enjoy and if you have questions then shoot them.

I made a couple last night, but something was off. my colors were dull. I think it was due to my splitter, so I reset it. I'll try again tonight.

then you have an idea :)