Beiträge von Ambientheater77

@ Neeb thanks that was the type i was talking about, electronic PSU with a potmeter to adjust voltage.

• Output Voltage: 5V
    • Approx. Wattage: 100W
    • Protections: Short circuit / Overload / Over voltage / Over temperature
    • Warranty: 3 Years Warranty

so; 100 : 5 = 20 amps ;)

Yes, I had forgotten that I had the 2 halves positive line separated and the grounds connected. effectively each supply powers it's own half..

Forgive me, It's been 3 years since making it, Details start fading after a wile.

no problem :)

i only want to prevent TS is frying PSU and his ledstrip how he wanted to connect the stuff.... ahaha

Hey jeroen, I meant to ask. How do you like the APA102 compared to ws2801? I currently have the ws2812 and ordered APA102 that will be here in a few weeks. I thought the APA102 would be a much better strip now that I'm all set up.

with these settings APA102 is really nice, better colours in especially whites/Lblue/pinks then the WS2801

I run Debian Buster full with Hyperion.NG 1 béta, that runs a little diffrent than the versions you have now.

i have set it like this

play with Gamma settings>.

RGB colours i didn't alternate only this. Without Gamma alternated like this my setup on APA102 gives pale and washout colours.
    with this setting the APA102 gives strong and powerfull colours.

For WS2801 ( which i tested with) its normal that white colours is being blueish. . it has to do with how they interpret the "whites"

So why has my setup worked with 2 10amp supply's, for over 3 years?

Power supply's are hooked up in parallel and power each corner of the tv's led strip (APA102)
    MY setup, still working great!
    https://hyperion-project.org/threads/upgraded-thanks.820/

read my comment well >> TS (topicstarter) is talking about power the ledstrip on both sides while the ledstrip is in one piece.

you did cut in half and powered those 2 half with 2 SEPARATE PSU, thats okay ofcourse when stabilized.

btw you can only hook it up" parallel on GND but not on + 5volts

I have 210 leds to power and it is recommended that I use a 5v 13.5amp power supply.
    I have a 5v 10amp supply so could I buy another 5v 10amp power supply and power it from both ends

short answer NO

you can't merge two diffrent +5 volts together ( or any DC) on the same ledstrip in one piece
    only GND (-) you can merge together of two diffrent PSU to stabilize!

Akriss powered his ledstrip SEPARATELY on each corner and only connected D0 and Ci to the second strip. So you can do it like that and then stabilize the GND (-) or power everything with only one PSU when its powerfull enough for your setup.

you can see that in the flowchart.
    goodluck.

ps; P=UxI formula to use to calculate is Watts = Volts x Amps
    with this you can easy calculate how much power is needed and how much amps the setup is drawing from PSU

dan kan je 2 dingen doen, je config.text bijwerken en er een line bijzetten die je power verhoogt op de USB poort.

als dat niet werkt een USB hub met externe voeding, note; deze dingen zorgen vaak wel voor storingen op de hyperion lees ik vaak :)

weet je nog ;)

en de beste wensen nog!

brightness is bij Image Processing in te stellen, ook brightness compensation ( verschil tussen harde en zachte kleuren)

without the interferring of hyperion you can do it like this;

to make a USB videostream on your PI vissible;
    open your terminal;

sudo apt-get install mplayer

then execute;
    sudo mplayer tv:// -tv device=/dev/video0 -hardframedrop

after this a popup window will open with the videostream ( if its there) of /dev/video0

goodluck

Does anyone know of any commands that can give any sort of output to if the USB capture device is actually receiving any data.

without the interferring of hyperion you can do it like this;

to make a USB videostream on your PI vissible;
    open your terminal;

sudo apt-get install mplayer

then execute;
    sudo mplayer tv:// -tv device=/dev/video0 -hardframedrop

after this a popup window will open with the videostream ( if its there) of /dev/video0

goodluck

It seems these values are only available when using a hardware grabber? There's no such settings for platform capture, at least not in the web config

you're right sorry i gave you the wrong information, these settings are only for USB grabber.

but you can use Vmin Hmin and Vmax Hmax settings also to cut off imagestream from USB grabber when wanted :)

goodluck.

i had this before these settings that i posted;

greenish and greyish disruptions in images.

tip; also check your display settings in KODI settings

That's the thing... There is NOTHING in the Pi folder ‍♂️

with VNC viewer you can see the desktop and in folders you can select in view tab> CTRL+H this makes vissible hidden folders.

how to do that in SSH/Putty

For command line:
    ls -a
    or
    ls -al

Strange, because layout is good. Probably ground isn't good or wrong connection