Beiträge von Ambientheater77

installing Hyperion.NG on Raspbian / Debian Buster and others

because i had to find out myself i wrote it down for others to use as a guideline :)

1. Download a image for RaspberryPI > Raspbian / Debian buster, whichever one you want online.
    2. Write this image to a clean SD card, do not format!
    3. slide it into your PI and boot it up onto the installation wizard
    4. make correct settings and enable VNC / SPI / SSH and other things, you can (also) do this in sudo raspi-config
    5. Write down the IP address of the PI, then reboot
    6. On your PI, go to https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/releases and pick out a version that has this >> Hyperion-x.x.x-alpha.x-Linux-armv7hf-rpi.deb it can be a new or older version .deb package
    7. Download this and put it in your PI directory, eg home / pi / test folder
    8. Open your terminal on your PI via SSH-putty or via VNC program (VNC explanation will follow later)
    9. enter;

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get install git cmake build-essential qtbase5-dev libqt5serialport5-dev libqt5sql5-sqlite libqt5svg5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev python3-dev libcec-dev libxcb-dev libqt5sql5-sqlite libqt5svg5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev python3-dev libcec-dev libxcb-dev libqt5sql5-dev lcb-imagecb-util-lib0-dev shm0-dev libxcb-render0-dev libxcb-randr0-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libavahi-core-dev libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev libjpeg-dev libturbojpeg0-dev libssl-dev zlib1g-dev

sudo apt-get install libraspberrypi-dev

run all this libraries and wait, you may not need them all but too much is ok :)

10. install the deb.file >> sudo dpkg -i /path/to/Hyperion-x.x.x-alpha.x-Linux-armv7hf-rpi.deb
    if your file is for example on home / pi / testmap then the code is: sudo dpkg -i /home/pi/testmap/Hyperion-x.x.x-alpha.x-Linux-armv7hf-rpi.deb
    if you have it installed it should work.
    11. Reboot system and Hyperion.NG should start automatically.
    12. go to your localip: 8090 and make your changes!

note; VNC server (on e.g. Raspbian buster full) is for remote desktop function, if you want to use it then you have to install VNC viewer on your pc and create an account> when you have done this and run the installation wizard you can edit your pi if it were brought to you as a second screen.
    so you can see your desktop of your Pi (if it has one) and do all the installation very easily. )

sounds very nice
    thank you so much for troubleshooting with me
    I will get back here sometime next week, when the new LED stripe arrived

no problem man,

I have the same setup almost but i am running Rasbian Buster full with Hyperion.NG 2.1 as .deb package
    did all the updates and upgrades
    APA102 and WS2801 works out of the box on RPI3b, no resistors or Arduino or levelshifters needed.
    I see it like this always; the less equipment you need the less can go broke or offline

see you then :)

Now I am pretty shure the LED stripe is broke.
    All pins are connected right and die SPI output is working
    And also the software is up to date

just bc I´m interrested: what do you do for a living? you know so lot about all this stuff xD

i am a technician overall in electronics and secure systems, but also work alot with software and hardware sollutions.
    The Raspberry for me was a new platform when i was introduced by Hyperion, but i already knew some Linux OS
    and played with that before.

So i burried myself in it the same what i always do to get to bottom of things.
    just alot interest a electronical background and perseverance :)

btw;

did you run a few commands before installation in the terminal like

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get install git cmake build-essential qtbase5-dev libqt5serialport5-dev libqt5sql5-sqlite libqt5svg5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev python3-dev libcec-dev libxcb-image0-dev libxcb-util0-dev libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb-render0-dev libxcb-randr0-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libavahi-core-dev libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev libjpeg-dev libturbojpeg0-dev libssl-dev zlib1g-dev
    sudo apt-get install libraspberrypi-dev

Troubleshooting
    Loopback test
    This can be used to test SPI send and receive. Put a wire between MOSI and MISO. It does not test CE0 and CE1.

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.…ntation/spi/spidev_test.c
    gcc -o spidev_test spidev_test.c
    ./spidev_test -D /dev/spidev0.0
    spi mode: 0
    bits per word: 8
    max speed: 500000 Hz (500 KHz)

FF FF FF FF FF FF
    40 00 00 00 00 95
    FF FF FF FF FF FF
    FF FF FF FF FF FF
    FF FF FF FF FF FF
    DE AD BE EF BA AD
    F0 0D

example of output after command, source https://www.raspberrypi.org/do…raspberrypi/spi/README.md

smothing is off
    I think Hyperbian should work as its only job is to run Hyperion
    I just installed Raspbian on another Raspberry and used python with code from a tuturial to try it out and it also didn´t work

yes i think that too.

only thing you can do is measure GPIO output dataflow, i look up the schematics for you

dat doet Hyperion ook niet, die ontvangt alleen images over netwerkprotocol via poort FLATBUFFER 19400 of PROTO 19445 en zet die om in een aansturing naar de leds.

Voor zover ik kan zien en weet grabt" Hyperion.NG en Hypercon alleen de images/beelden van een interne dispmanx en een externe USB grabber of ontvangt deze via het netwerk vanaf bovenvermelde poorten en protocol.

er zou dan een Hyperion additioneel programma moeten zijn voor Raspbian die je screen "grabt" vanuit je Ubuntu en deze dan verstuurt naar de 19445 server van je hyperion die op je PI draait.
    Hyperion kan wel de aansturing van leds via netwerkprotocol verzenden naar bridges en hubs, naar bijv Wled maar een beeld/image versturen kan Hyperion.NG gewoon niet.

Where is this setting? What is tab remote?
    Is there a program you can recommend?
    Ik, that was the reason why i choose it. I will get a new on from the seller next week.

the setting is on [remote] tab at localip:8090, you can switch modules on or off here.
    Smoothing was causing problems before so maybe this helps to disable and test again.

its also possible your GPIO doesn't want to fire because there is something with authorisations on Hyperion which steers the GPIO outputs.
    however i don't use Hyperbian so i don't know exactly if it sets the config by itself in every build.