Beiträge von Ambientheater77

Het heeft gewerkt, totdat ik slim wilde doen om de voeding aan te pakken.

vaak wil het niet werken met USB hubs, er gebeurt dan wat met de data.

ik zou teruggaan naar originele setup, eerst eens kijken hoeveel arm je PI op draait oftwel is ie overclockt/getweakt?

ga naar je SSH en kijk in je config.text en voeg daar wat dingen toe
    Probeer eens dit dikgedrukt in config:

arm_freq=1000
    over_voltage=6
    temp_limit=80
    gpu_freq=550
    core_freq=525
    v3d_freq=525
    force_turbo=1
    max_usb_current=1

avoid_warnings=1
    avoid_warnings=2
    avoid_pwm_p11=1
    sdram_freq=500
    sdram_schmoo=0x02000020
    over_voltage_sdram_p=6
    over_voltage_sdram_i=4
    over_voltage_sdram_c=4
    disable_splash=1

dan heb je meer power op je USB poorten staan.
    probeer ook eens lsusb op je terminal en kijk of je PI de grabber detecteerd

I have tried to change but now only the bottom LEDs works and when I return to the first setting it still the same...
    Which one is better GPIO10 with SK6812 or GPIO18 with led ws281x PWM ?

where you connected the pin on the PI determs the GPIO output number.
    there's schematics for that, every pin has a function

You have SPI and PWM driven leds and GPIO's, you have to find the right GPIO and setting thats all :)

the leds are displayin a stable color pattern but i don't know where it comes from, it also shows up again when rebooting.
    Any ideas what could be wrong?

that means hyperion is running on boot, rainbow is an effect what runs at bootup.

go to localIP adres of your PI and ad 8090

so for example; http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8090 (x = local IP adres of your PI)

then go to remote controll tab and deselect smoothing, leds should fire now ( this is fixable with a update)

good luck!

1-Is there any reason that a 12V wouldn't work with this?
    2-If I go for the 5V will my PSU be enough to power the strips and the PI 3?
    3-Are APA102 that much better than ws2815 (ws2812b)?

1; it works with a level shifter or arduino
    2; your PSU will be plenty okay ( i use ATX too)
    3; APA102 are quite okay, also experimented with WS2801, its just a matter of personal preference

its not a kit you can order and build immediately guy, there's a lot here constantly improving installations/settings etc.
    i started with reading a lot on it on the internet and read a lot of forum topics and articles.

good luck with everything.

The PSU I have can do 170W on 5V so the 60/M should go full brightness. The website says that a full 5M uses 90W, even if that was a mistake I still have 80W of wiggle room. If I don't use this PSU its just going to sit there doing nothing, so I may as well use it.

you are not reading what i am saying.

first of all the PSU only can provide a power, the device demands only power the PSU can deliver (or not because its too light).
    it doesn't matter how much amps your PSU is, the only thing is that it should provide ( for basics) a minimum of 10 A

further of all, you don't need a 12volt strip. Somebody here said this but its not true, you can do it with only a STEADY and clean 5.0 volts.

good luck.

a couple of pointers'

just use a powersource with a steady 5 volts and capable of providing minimum of 10amps or more.
    my setup is 130 led's 30leds/m on APA102 provided with a selfmade frame on 4K 65inch tv. ( had to cut 20 leds)
    i use a PSU type ATX with 5 and 12 volts lines. > capable of providing 30 A and more on 5volts.
    It uses with PI and RCA converter about 3,5 amps

you dont need the "law of ohm" just provide 5 volts to the begin and end of the ledstrip so you will even out the power
    make sure that you have enough amps to "feed" the ledstrip.
    make sure you ground everything to ground (-)

144leds/m is way too much and will destract you from watching tv, don't take my word for it just try it and you will see.

buy ledstrip on aliexpress instead of ledstripshops, will save you at least half of your money :)

what Hyperion indicates of how much power your ledstrip needs, take about half of that number and you are right in the ballpark
    goodluck!

144Leds/m is not needed.
    60Leds/m is a good compromise and you'll get perfect results with it.

even with 30leds/m (i think) is more than okay.

advantage with less led is that you can run them on maximum brightness, which improves density of the colours. I've experimented with 60 Leds/m but its too bright, at least for me
    now i am running the APA102 30 Leds/m on maximum brightness so there you go :)

I recently got my Ambilight working through my RPi 3 and installing the latest version of Hyperbian on it.
    Now I have two issues:
    1) There is a small delay (0.2 - 0.4 secs) between the image on the screen and the leds (that is, the leds are lagging behind). Are there settings in Hyperion that I can use to tweak this?
    BTW. The cable from my RPi to the leds is approx 1.5 meters, but I can't imagine that this would be too long. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

2) When the TV and all sources are switched of and all should go to idle state then the leds are going to a certain state, (various colors) while in the Hyperion configuration I indicated that no effect should be made. What can I change to make sure the leds are powered down whenever there's no input signal?

1; you can tweak [size decimation] it should be between 4 and 8 low settings here will slow down your rendering of images ( PI has to work to hard)
    1,5 mtr shouldn't cause problems if diameter of wires is thick enough and no distortion along the way.

2; look at the setting [signal detection] and V it.
    now you can set Vmin/max and Hmin/max detection levels of the grabber input
    > most of them put the settings on 0.9 and 0.98

i don;'t have any experience with that and no issues here. good luck

1susb pakt die niet via putty. Foutmeding
    vreemd man.

De HDMI2AV converter krijgt zijn stroom via de hdmi kabel die vanaf de splitter komt. Moet ik de converter ook met usb kabel voeden? Is dat de issue?

converters moet je altijd voeden, in jouw geval met waarschijnlijk een 1 of 2 A met 5 volt.

They are 99 led apa102, the source is 10A 5v. Raspberry with another 2.4A source.

ground the 2 supply's together and to everything, you can bind DC grounds together from diffrent powersource to stabilize the power.
    but remember only ground!

OR.
    I would recommend to use that 10A 5 volts supply also for the PI, you have enough power to do that.
    and then ground everything together