Beiträge von Ambientheater77

i think after reading everything, you are to much into fixxing mode when its not necessary to be. If you install Hyperion.NG the correct way ( asuming that you did) it should run by itself. Why are you using a "old" type of PI and not like a RPI3 or even 4, that would be my first question. SPI device is only 2 GPIO pins on raspberry, they contain data and reset functions, output of those pins have to be approximately 3.3 volts. You can connect the ledstrip directly to the GPIO pins, mostly it will work without a levelshifter ( that will boost datasignal to the strip) Make sure you grounded everything RPI/ledstrip/PSU. You can if you connected the ledstrip IN A GOOD MANNER you can test it with a testscript from adafruit, there you put in ledcount and the script can be run into commandline or putty.

you can adjust the white "gamma" settings, it will affect all colors and the white, you also can adjust brighteness level, default its on 100 but will affect all colors

Thank you, will order Wemos then, do I need anything more ?

you can connect the lights directly to the GPIO pins ( SPI device) of the PI > its for 95% of the time no problem and will work. Ground everything to each other so pi to ledstrip/ ledstrip to powersupply/ powersupply to PI. Without a levelshifter it can work, the GPIO is able to put out 3,3 volts of dataline while the ledstrip wants to have 3.5 volts.

read this>> https://hackaday.com/2017/01/2…-to-use-a-3-3v-data-line/

ethernetcable works with twisted pair, for the two datalines DATA/CLOCK you can use a twisted pair of that cable, lets say the green pair.
    there's diffrence in the twisting, normally green is the most twisted but doesn't matter that much.
    so take a pair to transport the clock and data signals to the strip.
    It has to be FTP foiled twisted pair (best) to keep distortion out. Use GND for outher ring, also called mass of the cable.

No you don't need a second level converter. ( i don't have one myself) never used also but its just basic electronics.
    if you take the sum of 5v x 0.7= 3.5 thats the voltage the ledstrip wants to have for data, if you use the GPIO SPI controller then maximum output of data is 3.3 volts.

so IT CAN WORK, but some ledstrips have problems.

in your case the distance is way to far, you can do a test yourself> just measure the voltage on a dataline DATA and GND after 20mtrs i will bet you its lower then 3.2 volts.

so;
    1. I think I need to place the shifter directly on the Pi, right?
    2. Is this the right manual to get it to work? -> https://www.raspberrypi-spy.co…th-the-raspberry-pi-gpio/
    3. Did I need on the end of the 20 Meters a second Level Shifter who will power down the 5 Volt to 3,3 Volt?

1; yes
    2; you can use several just browse the forum, you need to boost the signal not lower it. Your example will take inputs to GPIO pins but in our case we use GPIO only as output.
    3; NO thats is the purpose of the level shifter, it will boost the data signal.

The gap isn't usefull for your purpose, it's only for layout and the way your tv is formed.
    You have to alter the led strip position if your tv is a different form.

So you have 2 settings.
    The beginning of the led strip physical and in the software,
    And the gap that you CAN use in case of your ledstrip isn't long enough to cover the whole spread, thatswhy it's there.

How you want to build it is not possible with this ledstrip and program.
    The only way you can do it I think is to cut loose the ledstrip in 1 corner (not the black beginning of the strip! But at let's say 75% at the end of the strip ) only cut on cut marks! , then make a cable connection to where you want your ledstrip to be ( on bottom ) and then end it at the end of that little strip.
    Then configure your json file and CUTOUT the leds that now resemble the cable that you made.

That's possible I think but you have to do it.
    Good luck :)

I think so. I can't see any connection issue. But I will recheck that in the next days.
    The only thing what can be special is a very long distance between the Pi and the Ambilight. I bought a 20 Meter Cable to connect the LED's with the Pi.
    The reason for that is, that my Media Center is in Front of my projection screen.
    But the data cable didn't meet any other cable or power supply.

I also noticed... If I reduce the brightness of the LED over Hyperion, the flickering will be a bit stronger.
    So I think it's a bit to much Ampere (20A) or Voltage.

power of GPIO pins will approxmately be until 3.3 volts, i doubt you will be having enough datastream power left when it has to travel 20 mtrs. Even when used a ethernetcable of CAT5 or CAT6 and use green/white green then very much doubt it will work. If you want to travel distances with GPIO bitstream to the strip i would suggest a level shifter which will upgrade the 3.3 volts to 5 volts, but there's no quaranties it will work even then.

Amperes can NEVER be too strong or big from a powersource, the device only use Amps to his needs. Overkill doesn't matter, in fact its the best way to go.
    Voltage have to be exactly 5 volts though to have the best results, and; don't forget too ground everything, LED's too PI, PI to powersource, powersource to LED's

you get my drift :)

you can do picture two, databus of the led's is only going in one direction and needs a end.
    Thatswhy the first led and last led instance is really important for the Json file.

you cant make a second led instance like this at picture one, the software thinks now you made a mistake because it "sees" two strips and will reunite them together. You can't cut out leds that are there physically, the reason is that the chips are linked in the strip and can't hop or skip led positions.
    Find another sollution. :)

put
    restart=on-failure=off
    it wont restart anymore when used the KILL all hyperion command, but will still autostart :)

HI
    I have just installed hyperion ng 8 on a pi zero w and plugged the usb capture in. It seems that its not connecting properly and it disappears every couple of seconds. it says USB Capture: (V4L2:auto). i have played around with the settings. i have back dated it to hyperion ng 7 still the same issue. I then installed it on a pi 3b that works fine.
    Appreciate any help.
    Regards

hello,
    maybe usb +5 v power is too low on the usb port of Zero.

put this in >>
    max_usb_current=1
    arm_freq=xxx between 700 and 1000 Mhz
    force_turbo=1

line in the config.txt file

I get an error message when I Hyperion.NG want to install on Libreelec with SSH

root and password works but then..

LibreELEC (official): 8.2.5 (RPi2.arm)
    LibreELEC:~ # wget -qO - https://git.io/JvgVC | bash
    wget: error getting response: Connection reset by peer

I tried in docker, but I got the same result. KODI's just running.
    tried several ways to install but it doesn't want,

who has an idea? I've been following the official link from Paulchen panther dev.