Beiträge von Ambientheater77

I should mention that the setup I had on the Pi3 was with the old hyperion using hypercon, not hyperion.ng and the web ui.

thats totally diffrent > you have now diffrent hardware and software so its a new installation >>> so we begin from the start.

did you update the whole library to make the GPIO's work?

if not then

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    sudo apt-get install libraspberrypi-dev

good topic!

remember that type of led's make a huge diffrence in total draw of Amps.
    i think you have good and bad quality ledstrips, they promise good light quality but in reality they don't deliver. .
    also you have diffrent type of SMD 5050 in ledstrips, some are cheap and some are much better.
    thats also the reason that the price will differ for >>> APA102 and SK9822 is they lower fabrication costs of electronics.
    see here why some ledstrips pull much more amps than others!
    https://cpldcpu.wordpress.com/…s%20in%20a%20lower%20cost.

colour and quality of colour has a lot to do with bitstream over datalines, also a good clean powerfull PSU is life important.

with simple calculation that every 5050 SMD led uses up in full brightness ( all colours/rainbow) like 0.049 Amps
    or 50 milliamps each led.
    thats only with good/expensive and durable ledstrip types

Also, when I go into hyperion dashboard the led device status is off

that means the service of leds is not running, maybe you have some sudo run problems.
    can you turn it on?

if not,

You need to run hyperion as root with this configuration (device 'ws281x) PWM

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/hyperiond@.service

Remove the User sessionline and save with CTRL+O and exit CTRL+x.
    Don't forget to reboot

@ davieboy all kind of codes knows a lot of that.

did you just make a new setup with old SD card?

i mean that u used the SD card with OS from the PI3 and stick it in the PI4, then reconnected the ledGPIO and PSU?
    is the PI4 running without undervoltage warnings?

if it is then use a separate PSU for the PI4 ( it has USB-C ) which demands higher power comming in.

for schematics for USB-C one or two PSU setup look at this topic>> ( page 2 and 3)
    https://hyperion-project.org/t…-on-the-rpi4.10701/page-2

nothings happen

i have tested also connect my leds directly to my raspberry pi one wire in 5v pin and other to the ground and have the same leds on as the picture posted above

without GPIO atached to data IN on ledstrip, and only power OFF and then power ON PSU the leds should react different and /or when touched by finger

What I don't realize is why when I turn on only the LEDs to the power supply the LEDs dont work. Maybe it's a problem with the led strip ,because the connection are good and when I go to the live video capture I see the image

touch the dataline ( GPIO18 wire) with your finger when power is on the ledstrip> if it reacts by certain leds change colour then ledstrip is okay

make sure you are using the correct ledlayout and save it, make a test layout for your 50 leds
    then set the ledstrip controller again in PWM ws281x and GPIO18

if you done that, reboot Hyperion.

if its still not working, test with a script

sudo apt-get install python-imaging

then execute the script ( you can alter this)
    sudo python lightpaint.py

and play around with it to see if ledstrip reacts to anything.
    source; https://learn.adafruit.com/lig…ith-raspberry-pi/software

Ok so I have receive my power supply today and I have install my LEDs (60 leds/m)on de back of my tv, but the LEDs dont turn on.
    So I think I don't have enough power, I have one power supply with 5v 10a and I have 188 LEDs on total. 60 on the top 60 on the bottom and 34 on the left side and 34 on the right side.

Do you think I need another power supply with more power??

your PSU is just barely ennough, when i make a calculation ( on full brightness, type leds 5050 smd) then i calculate 9,2 Amps on 188 leds.
    i would use a stronger PSU like 15 or 20 Amps ( 75 or 100 watts)

calculation is> 188 leds x 0.049 Amps (each led) = total draw of PSU with this leds .

can you give wide specs of your whole setup, like brand/type/sort of setup etcetera

type of capture card.

in general, sometimes LOOP capture cards have to be innitialized in Hyperion as a Camera and not USB device.

you can check if live video feed is coming in without Hyperion, just install Mplayer and see if live feed is coming in on your Raspi trough USB.
    if you have a live feed there ( thats not flunking out) and stable, then it has to do with settings in Hyperion probably> set USB grabber settings to static and NOT automatic.

If you don't have a live feed there then problem is probably in hardware/library>> try your grabber into a windows PC with VLC ( videolan) and see if you have a live feed. NO? then problem is probably the grabber itself. YES? look into your Raspi config.txt settings and change USB output power to maximum.

max_usb_current=1

also then update your Raspi

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    sudo apt-get install git cmake build-essential qtbase5-dev libqt5serialport5-dev libqt5sql5-sqlite libqt5svg5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev python3-dev libcec-dev libxcb-image0-dev libxcb-util0-dev libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb-render0-dev libxcb-randr0-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libavahi-core-dev libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev libjpeg-dev libturbojpeg0-dev libssl-dev zlib1g-dev
    sudo apt-get install libraspberrypi-dev

then execute in Raspi terminal with SSH or VNC>>

apt-get install mplayer
    sudo mplayer tv:// -tv device=/dev/video0 -hardframedrop

note; video0 is only for device Video0 on USB, for camera devices use diffrent line

there was something with PWM and audio PIN>> somebody has sollution of this >> let me see if i can find it.

Zitat

This has resolved it for me

In my /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf I added the following:

blacklist snd_bcm2835
    blacklist i2c-bcm2708

this person ; On boot, the boot effect runs beautifully/perfect, but after that the leds flicker uncontrollably with ledstrip ws2812b controller PWM and GPIO18 on Hyperion.NG 2.09

so maybe it helps for you.

I am a total noob to all of this, but I'll try to explain, I had hyperion installed and everything was working great until my Pie died. So I ordered a new pie and went through all the install steps again from the dr z youtube video. However for some reason I can not get into the web browser. So far I have tried installing Hyperion NG and the last 3 versions and get the same result. I was however able to get to the browser using a hyperbrian image. However I had a capture card issue and the lights were not responding so I abandond that one.

I decided to reformat the card and start from scratch using the DRZ method again and it does not any diference if I use a 16GB card or a 8GB . I can't access the webbrowser. I can SSH into it , but thats about it. Can someone lease help, I have been scouring the web and forums for 2 days now. When I type in hyperiond I get illegal instruction.
    Its is a Pi 3b plus and I was able to get into the uI with only hyperbrian image.

look into your router and check the IP adres thats assigned to the raspi, you did a lot of installations on the same MAC adres of the raspi so its possible the router has given all kinds of DHCP adresses out to the raspi...

if you have double IP's then its never possible to see it.
    so first ultracheck if it has got anything at all ( which i dont believe in much, can be wrong..) got to do with Hyperion and this is more a faulty router or networkissue :thumbup:

- raspi is 3b or 4 ( depends on what you want to spend) quadcore is the better way to go 1 GB RAM
    - PSU is xx leds x 0,049 amps. so example is; 200 "5050" smd leds draw 9,8 Amps on 5 volts. >> go for a Meanwell PSU
    - ledstrip 30/60/144 leds/mtr is personal, the "rule is" distance from tv to wall>>>>>>>>>> getting bigger? then you need more leds/mtr . Most of use choose the 60 leds/mtr for a ballpark..
    - ledstriptype ? 4 line is the best and smoothest ( GND/5volts/Data/Clk) also personal but APA102 is really easy to setup and smooth (personal favorite)
    - With RGB ledstrip APA102 you don't need levelshifter/arduino to keep it simple, mostly you can directly connect to the GPIO of the raspberry.
    - connect APA102 ( or any other 4 line ledstrip) to PIN 19 data and 23 clock
    - for splitters and grabbers look into my signature, or look for Snesendato UTV007
    - Raspi Software? look for https://downloads.raspberrypi.…ios-buster-armhf-full.zip
    really nice OS with a lot of features
    - Xolorspace splitter is ready for HDCP2.2 see link

just browse the forum and have fun and be patient, some of us build this in weeks/months of time.
    remember this is a DIY forum where everybody makes his/hers own swing on the build.
    goodluck. :thumbup:

after a good few hours the first 2 led's on the strip light up, 1x is white and the other is green - no idea what it is but it must be coming from the pi somehow - if anyone knows please let me know

thats the power and/or GPIO connected to the strip, every time the power comes on and feeds the strip thus Hyperion.NG boots up and steers the lights then its okay.
    the moment the signal is off ( data flow from GPIO isnt flowing anymore) Hyperion is off/raspi is off but ledstrip is still connected to 5 volts line GPIO and ground then following happens.

with a little current you can test this with fingers, just touch the dataline :). So as long the ledstrip is connected to PSU ( 5 volts/GND ) and GPIO connected to data the minimal of current diffrence in line and/or GPIO will result in some/one/or string of leds wil light ( soft)

the only thing you can do to resolve completely is cut of 5 volt feed, which you did already :biggrin:
    what you discribed is because the leds is really sensitive for sudden dataflow/current