Beiträge von Munkee915

Got back to my Hyperion project last night and was able to get it mostly configured, but having a problem where the LEDs dont actually respond to what is coming in from the external grabber. In Hypercon if I take a screen cap I can see the image of whats coming in from the grabber just fine, but the LEDs seem to be responding to the OSMC menu. I've tried changing the priority of the grabber but this doesnt seem to help.

My setup:
    WS 2812b LEDs connected to Arduino Uno
    Rpi 2 w/ OSMC 12/17 build
    Installed Hyperion through Hypercon, verified basic functionality works (color wheel, effects)
    Using receiver 2nd HDMI out -> HDMI/component converter -> Fushicai grabber

My config:

ah ok thanks. I will try and find the fushicai at then and hopefully that will resolve the issue. Sorry if this is in the wrong area then. I figured since the wiring all seemed ok and everything worked up until I tried to start using the grabber, it might have been a configuration error.

I did read that in a few tutorials that the fushicai is now the recommended grabber than the stk1160. I wasnt sure if that was just a matter of preference or is there an actual technical limitation to using the stk1160 in my setup? I read a few posts were people were running either or so I assumed it was just a preference. I already had the stk1160 and could not find a fushicai grabber in the US for a reasonable price (under $30).

Sorry in advance. I tried searching but came up with too many results that didnt fit what I was seeing in my issue.

I just finished connecting my LEDs and now I'm trying to get the software right. I followed the guide here: https://hyperion-project.org/t…-ws2801-ws2812b-apa102.8/

I am using:
    Rpi 2 w/ Openelec 7 and Hyperion
    Arduino Uno
    STK1160 video grabber
    231 WS2812 leds

Programming the Arduino seems fine. It blinks it's startup sequence each time. I also tested did a strand test on them and everthing worked great, so wiring seems fine.

Loaded Openelec and Hyperion and at first things seemed ok. I saw them lighting up according to what Kodi showed on the screen and was able to use the Android app to send a few effects to it with no issue.

Then I got to the part where I disabled Kodi and loaded a config to use the screen grabber and things went bonkers. Right now I am getting no lights except random blinking here and there. Here is my config.

and my last log

Can anyone see where I might have gone wrong?

Edit: It also seems to be affecting the effects I can send from the app. If I try and pick a color on the wheel most of the strip turns that color but then parts will flash in different colors.