Beiträge von Cromzinc

thanks for that. that helped some. Question though, what controller type did you use in the settings? I tried ws2812SPI and ws281x but neither seemed to be right.

What I get now is when using ws281x on pin18 the led strip flashes colors randomly. Even when I do the RGB Byte Order Wizard I'm not getting red or green...it's still just the random rainbow that's flashing really fast.

Is there a setting I might have missed here?

I've seen a few guides and videos of getting hyperion working on rpi but none using libreelec so I had some questions about which hardware to use.

I'm using the rpi4 with Libreelec and planned to install the hyperion software right on the libreelec os to just use when playing videos on kodi.

Doing it this way I think I'll only need the following:
    - Rpi4
    - Led strip ws2812B - using 220 leds for my tv
    - power supply 5V 15A 75W

I don't need anything else right, I assume the hyperion software running on libreelec will pick up the video output?

While I was waiting for led strip to arrive I went ahead and installed hyperion on the libreelec, but noticed everytime I watched a video on kodi the TV screen would flicker really bad. I've saw some posts with similar comments but never saw anyone post a resolution. Is this common issue on rpi4 that can be fixed or should I finish setting it up completely before trouble shooting that?

Also, if there is a guide that will answer these questions please just link that instead.

Thanks!