Beiträge von mgergo

If you have a multimeter you can check the contacts.
    Are you using soldering iron like this?
    If do so the reason of led blinking is the transformer in soldering iron. When you powered on/off the transformer generates inductivity and it flows back to power line. It can cause some small electronic impulse in other electronic equipments (like RPi) which are connected to sam power plug.

On my LED strips (w2812b) there is a small arrow (like this) which shows the right direction of the power route and also the addressing of controller chips. Please check your strips maybe it can cause some problem.

First time when I tested my strips I could turn on LEDs only under Raspbian. I logged in to my RPi and istalled Hyperion. After that I sent the configuration file, restarted the RPi and connected again via Hyperion. After this on SSH tab pushed the Start button and on Color wheel mark the Auto update and clicked on Set LED Color button and LEDs are light. :)
    But under Kodi I could not have success, I need more fine tuning and figuring out what is hte problem, but at least my LEDs are working. :)

Keep in touch and I'll try my best to help you. :)

:) I meant remove the wire connection from RasPi side not from power supply. The power supply should be enough power. You wrote that you tested before cutting. Now please do it again with your app. If its light than the connections are ok and no need extra power supply from other end of strips.

I have RPI3 and I enabled the SSH, SPI and GPIO via Raspbian in configuration menu.
    Here is some info about that:
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/do…iguration/raspi-config.md
    Please enable SPI as well. As I know the 4 wire solution using SPI kernel. Here you can find more details:
    https://hyperion-project.org/t…g-leds-ws2801-apa102.202/

For what program (Kodi, OpenELEC, etc.) want to use Hyperion?

In my solution there is a ring (connected to power supply on both ends). As you draw each led stips has connected to power supply, so it should be enough power.
    How many power your power supply has? Did you make connections by soldering or by other solution? Maybe you can try to remove RPI connection and test again only with power supply.