Beiträge von LosArtigah

*update*
    I got the lights to work by doing this: sudo systemctl enable --now hyperiond@root
    Now the LEDs work and can change color but at a very slow pace.
    I thought the Pi was being overloaded but it looks like it could still do a better job
    Can someone tell me if there is a setting in the Hyperion that could fix this?

Hi All,
    I finally got Hyperion to work correctly with the HDMI to USB video capture device and now I can "preview" video from Hyperion UI. The problem I have now is that the lights are not turning on at all.
    I checked the strip and there are 5v running through the strip. The lights are wired using the same PSU for the Pi and the LEDs. The LEDs data line (green wire) is connected directed to GPIO18 on the Pi.
    When I look in the dashboard I never can get the LED Device to turn on. (not sure if it needs to stay on)

Config

Can someone help me with this, please?
    Thank you

-Los

Solved!
    It looks like Hyperion did not like the source to be "automatic" under the USB Capture settings.
    Instead, it needed the correct Device path: /dev/video0 and now I can see the beautiful pixelated screen :)

Hope this helps someone in the future. Step 1 has been completed for me. now I'm ready to wire up those LEDs. Can't wait!

Thank You,
    -Los

Hi NeeeeB, Thanks for your reply!
    From the laptop I can project to another monitor via HDMI is that is what you are referring to? otherwise, I'm not sure of a screen-sharing setting from my laptop and it will be helpful if you can point it out.
    I forgot to mention that I used the same laptop + video capture and plugged it into my desktop. I was able to capture the video from the laptop using OBS Studio, so the card seems to be working OK in Windows 10 but this is what I get from Hyperion UI
    Attaching Device info.

Hi All,
    I've got Hyperion up and running on a Raspberry Pi Model B (old unit)
    and an Connected to a testing laptop.
    For power, I'm currently using a 5v 4 amp charger. (No LEDs have been connecting yet)
    I want to get confirmation that the video capture card is working but when I open Hyperion UI and click on the "Live Video" option I don't see anything in there.

Can you please help me figure this out?
    Thank You
    -Los