Beiträge von Steven

I think I fixed it!! It's been working for the last 20 minutes without stopping. Amazing. Three things I did:

1. moved the HDMI splitter / capture box to a USB 2 port on my Pi 4B (revision 1.2)

2. updated to the nightly build

3. changed signal detection vMin and hMin to 0.02; and vMax and hMax to 0.98 (this makes most of the screen part of the signal detection).

...and it's still running. :) Finally got this working [again] after so many hours over so many months.

I'm using a USB capture device via hdmi (from roku) that I've used successfully for a while (and even have a second to test with). I had the setup working fine with 2.0.0.8 and silly me, thought I'd upgrade. Now I can't get either to work properly again. I have ws2815 lights (12v) and I set hyperion v2.0.0.12 up to use root:

sudo systemctl disable --now hyperion@pi

sudo systemctl enable --now hyperion@root

My issue is that the lights startup fine (with startup effect) and they work fine with incoming content...for a few seconds...and then they go immediately to the background effect/color. The error that gets thrown when it switches away from the usb capture (and background color is shown) is:

(BGEffectHandler.h:91:handlePriorityUpdate()) Stop background (color-) effect as it moved out of scope

And signal detection has been turned on and the V/Hmin / max have been set to 0.90 and 0.98, respectively.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!

I recently redid my LED setup to add a few extra LEDs on each of the 4 lengths behind my TV, solder the corners instead of using the clips (that would come unattached every few months), and use a more elegant mounting solution -- since I now see hyperion as indispensable from our media consumption. Woo-hoo.

Upon plugging everything back in and it [eventually] working again, I have this issue where hyperion is only able to output dynamic light for ~10-90s at a time. The time varies - it's been as much as 3-5 minutes, but it typically stops in about a minute. To get it working again, I just go to the dashboard in hyperion web interface and disable the instance and then re-enable the instance and it works great again - for a minute or so.

Here's the debug logs. They don't seem to tell me anything useful. Maybe one of you knows what's happening?

I am using the "USB 3.0 Coffee" version of these video capture devices. I've ordered another one just to see if that's it, but if that were the problem, would it work at all?

It's worked fine for ~1 year (until taking it all down and putting it back together). I'm running Hyperbian using the 2.0.0-alpha.8 release as I tried to install the 2.0.12 release, but that seems to have known issues w/ WS2815 LED strips, which is what I use. I have 81 "pixels" on the top and bottom and 45 "pixels" on each side.

Thanks, everyone. I'm fairly new to LED light strips and I've only worked with the 12V variety (b/c 5V seems silly to me due to voltage drop). I think the easiest explanation for what I was missing is from DrZzs -

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    . I wasn't finding how to do the configuration properly in Hyperion, I suppose. I ended up using the default, GPIO-18 and it all works flawlessly (after reducing the resolution, setting the framerate to 15fps, and modifying the decimation number to be congruent with my number of lights based on the lower resolution).

This business about bidirectional SPI and whatever, I don't really understand b/c WS2815 lights don't have a clock channel, instead, they duplicate the data signal across two wires for redundancy, as best I can tell.

Thanks for the help.

I have read oodles of information about setting up Hyperion. Nowhere can I find a wiring diagram for how the lights should get their data signal. I feel like I must be crazy because this is such a critical component. Can someone please advise?

I can use an RPi 2B/2GB or 4B/2GB. I have an HDMI capture device (but would be open to one that's better as the one I have doesn't seem to properly pass UHD to my LG OLED), WS2815 lights with 60 LEDs per meter, 12V/8.3A power supply, and DC-DC 12V-5V transformer.

Do I need another device like NodeMCU (i have one) or Arduino Nano (i have one) or USB ISP/ASP (in order)? Can someone share a basic wiring diagram? Can I just use a GPIO pin on the RPi? What about if I use the PoE HAT on the RPi 4B?

I've had that issue when testing WS2815 lights when the NodeMCU supplying data signal was powered from a different power source than the lights. Best to use a DC-to-DC converter and power the data source from the same power supply as powers the lights.