Beiträge von Moosefist

USB and Serial can be made to work fairly easily.

I went to compile hyperion.ng last night and there were a ton of dependencies and libraries that I was missing. I try to keep my base installation fairly clean, and use most my apps as dockers outside of kodi. I'll mess around with it. I couldn't really think of a reason it wouldn't work. I just didn't know if someone had already tried or if there was a specific reason people had not.

Has anyone played around with being able to deploy Hyperion through a docker image? In my case it would likely be on an 64bit PC running Linux.

I couldn't find any pre built containers, but in theory, is there any reason Hyperion wouldn't work as a docker?

I was mainly considering so I could play with the Hyperion.ng alpha, but easily switch back and forth with the stable branch. Just don't want to waste time putting it together if it will not work.

I'm trying to figure out something. My media center is an Ubuntu server running a kodi front end. Basically all my media and live TV runs through the htpc except my TV's "smart apps" (Netflix / amazon) and my ps4. That being said my htpc accounts for at least 80% of the media watched in the house.

Why would or wouldn't I just install Hyperion on the PC and hookup my Arduino via USB? I already have a roll of ws8212b LEDs, an Arduino Uno r3 lying around. I have a rpi1 hidden in a box somewhere...

A newer, more capable, pi is cheap (especially the new zero announced), but I'm just unclear what I would gain using that as an intermediary between the htpc and the Arduino.

My TV is a 4k 55" Hisense. I don't have any sort of avr though. The htpc is an ASRock j4205 (Intel Apollo lake) with 16gb RAM. I'm not sure I could easily setup video capture, but it would be cool to have Hyperion working with my ps4 and Netflix.