Beiträge von Akriss

A few weeks ago I came upon a German forum posting (http://www.forum-raspberrypi.d…n-wifi-led-controller-udp) detailing how to setup a ESP8266 NodeMCU with Hyperion. (I used Google translate) I was able to setup a ESP8266 ES-12E with a small string of ws2812b as a test and it was working good. So I dismantled it to test some other stuff and ordered some more ESP8266's to setup a bunch of remote pixels. =) And put aside the remote pixel idea till the order arrived.

So I received the Nodemcu's I ordered (Wemos mini's) and sure enough Murphy's law is at work and I can't get it to work on ether of the Nodemcu's type's I have again. And I'm not spotting my error and would greatly appreciate if someone would check my work.

I can run a simple strand test on both board with success with a string of 25 ws2812b's. With ether the Neopixel library or FastLed library. I have attached to this post, some fritzing pictures on the wiring that works for the strand test and for the remote pixel.
    The “HyperionRGB.ino” file I have set “#define LED D3” nothing else changed.

The ConfigStatic.h.example is copyed to ConfigStatic.h and edited as such:

I have no problems uploading the sketch to ether of the Nodemcu boards, I can log in to the web interface and login with the android app.

However the LED's refuse to work now! And this unskilled hobbyist needs a hand please.

I even tried blowing out the Arduino install and reinstalling it and reinstalling the recommended libraries that SciLor lists in the Git repo as well. =/

I'm lost Help please.

Thank you
    Akriss.

I realized I should of posted a verbose log level, for clarity.

Is it normal for the logs to omit the Wifi SSID and password?

I do have the SSID and password correctly set in ConfigStatic.h.

Thanks.

Hello all,

I have a NodeMcu ESP8266 ES-12E board that I use with the ESP8266 Hyperion LED Controller library. It works very well. And in constructing one pixel bar, it peaked my curiosity in how far I could Bling my Hyperion setup.

So I ordered a bunch of Wemos d1 mini's. In anticipation of fabricating a bunch of remote pixel bar's. However I'm unable to get them to work and could use some advise please.

The sketch I used for the Wemos is the exact same I've used with the 12E board without problems. However it not working properly on the Wemos. The output from the serial console just loops this:

I'm lost and seeking some expert advise please. As I'm out of my league and my Google-Fu is failing me.

Many thanks.
    Akriss.

So sadly I was unable to find a way to have Hyperion work with my Mythtv setup natively under Linux, with the Hyperion's internal framebuffer grabber. It worked somewhat, however not where it counted, wile watching video content.

So I went with the hdmi splitter, converter Etc. and it's working very well.

Thanks for helping me "Bling" my media center team Hyperion and all who contributed and shared.

Akriss.

Ok, you don't use a "sketch" so ignore that bit. Still check the " "colorOrder" : " setting in the config file. I'm not sure what it the correct value it for your type of LED's.

It almost sounds as if you have something else sending the rainbow swirl other then Hyperion. Maybe during you testing you where trying something that auto-starts at boot?

hope it helps

Hi,
    I'm no expert. However, I do see a potential problem. You wrote that you have

I have 254 leds in my setup

Yet in your .config file you have "#define MAX_LEDS 260". that should match your LED count.

You have to triple check your wiring. People cant help with wiring trouble, above advise that is.

I hope it helps.