Code
    spidev.bufsiz=32768

to /boot/cmdline.txt .

And add:

Code
    core_freq=250

to /boot/config.txt .

And reboot.

This is a fix for ws2812 leds running via SPI. However I'm thinking it may work for any SPI driven led.
    It seems some distributions have settings that may not be optimal for SPI data transfer wile using SPI driven led's

I hope it helps.

ssh in: Jan 22 00:19:42 osmc hyperiond[2420]: Opening UART: /dev/ttyUSB0

That error is saying it can't find a arduino on ttyUSB0.

Maybe the arduino is on ttyUSB1 or /dev/ttyACM0?

Try this to find the port:
    Boot the Rpi once with out the arduino attached and run this at the command prompt:

Code
    dmesg | grep "USB"

Copy or take note of the last 15-/+ or lines,
    Now plug the arduino in the USB port and rerun the command:

Code
    dmesg | grep "USB"

And note the change in the output from before.
    You should notice the port that the arduino is attached to.

Hope it helps.

Mmm.
    I would not say problems. More limitations then anything.
    When using SPI It seems the driver needs the cpu at a specific frequency,(as detailed Here ) So no overclocking the Rpi if driving leds from SPI. And you cant use any other SPI gadget at the same time.

Other then that it should work fine.

Jan 19 16:15:47 jb-osmc systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Start request repeated too quickly.

Adding "RestartSec=15" to the [Service] section of the satartup file "hyperion.service" May help. I think.

Can somebody give me a good link how to configure and what sketch the Arduino needed?

The sketch is (Here), It has good comments on how to configure within. If help is needed, just ask the forum.

Hope is of help.

Whats the extra IC on the board is doing?

It's a SN74AHCT125N "Buffers & Line Drivers Tri-State Quad Bus "

I'm driving 240+ APA102a led's with that one, The wemos data lines are 3.3v. I thought it would be good to add a level shifter to the data and clock lines to bump up the voltages to 5v. to avoid problems.

I have made others that omit the level shifter that work well. However they ere less then 40 led in the string and ws2812 leds. I find level shifters work well when using lots of led's and driving the from 3.3v data lines.

every time i try to screenshot i get null device, is that correct

ssh out: sudo systemctl stop hyperion.service 2>/dev/null; sudo /etc/init.d/hyperion stop 2>/dev/null ; sudo /sbin/initctl stop hyperion 2>/dev/null
    ssh disconnected
    ssh connected
    ssh out: sudo systemctl stop hyperion.service 2>/dev/null; sudo /etc/init.d/hyperion stop 2>/dev/null ; sudo /sbin/initctl stop hyperion 2>/dev/null

That just a stop script sending all possible types of stop commands .

Try to add a delay to the config:

Code
    "delayAfterConnect"  : 10,

I cant help any further until you are able to reliably start Hyperion with stable start up effect and able to reliably connect and control with the app.

You are jumping from step two, straight to step eleven.

Hmm. last post has 100000 in the log.

Ok then you need a resistor on the data line between the Uno and led's. A value between 330 to 470 ohm's usually works good.

That should calm the led's and show nice effects.

Change the rate in config from:

Code
    ssh in:     Jan 03 19:56:00 raspberrypi hyperiond[1583]:         "rate" : 100000,

To 500000, or match what is in the sketch for:

Code
    #define serialRate

Hmm. thought that command would show more.

Well, try both ttyACM0 and ttyUSB0. One is likely correct, one is not. process of elimination.

Restart Hyperion after making changes. One setting well make leds shine the startup. Hopefully =).

Good.

Make sure what usb port the Uno is on. You have "/dev/ttyACM0" its could be "/dev/ttyUSB0"

Make sure with :

Code
    dmesg | grep usb

once without the Uno attached and then with the Uno attached. you well notice the port its on.

Then use hypercon to craft and upload the config file.

If all go's well the leds should shine the startup effect upon Hyperion's startup.